Lt. Commander
Hello All,

I was running Cure Ground Elite today and I noticed it was a bit harder than it has been in quite some time.

While defending the transformers there seem to be 1-2 more workers that are beaming to shut them down.

On the 1st set of Transformers # 1 had 4 workers beam in to take it down and it was a real pain to deal with them.

While we were falling back to help clear # 1 Transformer # 2 also had 4 Borg workers closing on it and by the time we got Transfomer # 1 under control it was to late to help out on Transformer # 2

Another problem on top of the random extra Borg that were beaming in was the fact that If you knocked the Borg away form the Transformer they'd sometimes super jump from the laying on the ground position to right back on the Transformer.

CGE is hard enough if you do not have an Engineer with Turrets and Mortars on your squad to have to worrie about dealing with extra Mario of Borg beaming in.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 02:22 PM
The borg have always had Super Jumps since the STFs came out. Some can also power walk faster than players can run as well, and shoot through walls. The Borg have always had issues, and though strives have been made to make them more, balanced and realistic, they're still very broken in some places, especially bosses. But Bosses are another thing entirely since Gozer things "massive amounts of health and damage potential greater than a players health" is a tactical challenge instead of, an actual tactical challenge. That's one reason I believe Borg will never be truely fixed in this game, because that would require developing gameplay that requires teamwork and a bit of thought, instead of what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
The super jumping, teleporting and sprinting borg have been around since beta; its mainly a pathing issue and when they are hit with grenades (for the workers in cure)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I just finished KA Normal and was getting one-shotted by the borg. For some reason it seems a lot harder now - a bug surely?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2012, 06:55 PM
The Borg in general are using abilities like players lately like crazy that give them abilities to kill you faster, run, and jump faster, hold you in place

I've had Borg in the ground Cure level just magically reappear in front of the Borg Device we have to use to get through a gate magically after I shoot them, how is that fair?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
The borg have always had Super Jumps since the STFs came out. Some can also power walk faster than players can run as well, and shoot through walls. The Borg have always had issues, and though strives have been made to make them more, balanced and realistic, they're still very broken in some places, especially bosses. But Bosses are another thing entirely since Gozer things "massive amounts of health and damage potential greater than a players health" is a tactical challenge instead of, an actual tactical challenge. That's one reason I believe Borg will never be truely fixed in this game, because that would require developing gameplay that requires teamwork and a bit of thought, instead of what we have now.
and nobody wants to learn....and most long time golds or lifers dont want any of the STF issues fixed if it could cause silvers to keep playing....(Anything to drive the "silver scumb" out)

I agree with your post....and Honestly, the only fix that would make ground combat fun for most of us would be to totally redo it so it was more like mass effect or global agenda....

even making it more like silkroad online would be better then what we have now.....and sro is MEH.....