Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japfi
. the Tac cube's super torpedo still one hits you no sweat.
thats the point. the team should be on the tacts side and get hit for the uber aoe. kills tact in less then 2 min. IF the whole team takes the death for the team. so remember dont shoot the plasma, let it kill you. tact cube is at 100 and see it drop to 80. rinse repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Sh*t happens, people can't be killed. *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-11-2012, 05:43 AM
The title is funny because it's "not a bug" but it actually is!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh, so that's the problem. I wondered how an Defiant can survive barrage from 3 ships without loss of shields... and outheal my healer-Odie. Great, I love Cryptic. Sci and Klink spam was already killing my comp and with this... I think I buy myself Mass Effect 3 and take a break from STO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
LOL further proof that they don't play there own game.... really show of hands who didn't wonder if that would work the first time they read the description.
Bort doesn't play the game? So all the times I see him in-game and talking in the chat, he's not playing?

Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, thanks, I needed that today.

It was a simple oversight. They will fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trypwyr View Post
Bort doesn't play the game? So all the times I see him in-game and talking in the chat, he's not playing?

Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

More like a serious oversight.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trypwyr View Post

Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

None (or very few) of the devs pvp, which is where alot of this sort of thing surfaces first/hits hardest.

We're getting an unusually large ammount of these 'simple oversights' lately, this is undeniable. When does it cease to be an oversight and become sloppy/negligent?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
None (or very few) of the devs pvp, which is where alot of this sort of thing surfaces first/hits hardest.

We're getting an unusually large ammount of these 'simple oversights' lately, this is undeniable. When does it cease to be an oversight and become sloppy/negligent?
Borticus (or was it Al?) actually said during STOked live that they don't really have any PVPers in the Office to test the new changes and wants more people on tribble to test the new +1 P2W ships on tribble when they are going to be released on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Borticus (or was it Al?) actually said during STOked live that they don't really have any PVPers in the Office to test the new changes and wants more people on tribble to test the new +1 P2W ships on tribble when they are going to be released on tribble.
I really don't know how we can help them. Tribble test times have gone down notably. Also, this bug may also have been noted in regular PvE (other bugs, of course, wouldn't).

Maybe if they actually had - many years ago, when they started designing STO - actually had created an actual mathematical model describing excepted damage, damage mitigation and healing outputs. THen maybe they would need less PvP testing and had less such incidences. It's not a foolproof approach, but their "math" is all over the place. Reminds me of D&D 3E. Sure, complex rules framework, numbers accounting and all, but what kind of gameplay it will result in the end - the designers had no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Haven't some in the past stated they enjoy PvP? More spin?