Captain
# 1 Read this devs
12-14-2012, 02:58 AM
I've just come out of the other end of a public K A S E

I was on one side and 3 federation vessels ere on the other and a horrendously built galaxy-x was guarding one set of probes

I killed the first cube and set of transformers only to look over to see the gal x was about to let a probe go through the gate bear in min this was about a minute in so there was only two so i sorted that then killed the second cube and set of transformers

I continued with the gate only to look over and half the feds were in the spawn Que and they hadn't even killed one of the transformers

To cut an awfully mind fumblingly long mission short i did the job of 3 feds and this gal x guy

I'm not here to d**k measure and say i have the best build that ever was

The thing what got me was at the end of mission i got 1 Borg reputation array and a few rep marks no item not even a green

How the hell do these things get worked out i don't have a parser or dps meter to prove that i was the main player but this is shocking not only has season 7 meant that you have to wait a lifetime for a Que to form the returns on doing them are to put it bluntly CRAP!
Commander
# 2
12-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Public Elite STF channel is your answers. Or another ESTF channel. Or get some friends ingame. Never pug again.

Why should the devs read a thread about bad players?

With fraps you can record your games. Advanced combat logger can read the combat logs. Someone else posted here on the forums a java combat logger.
Captain
# 3 ...
12-14-2012, 04:41 AM
I wasn't complaining about the bad players i expect to get that when i pug

The point i was trying to make is i pulled my weight more than the others and got nothing for it

It shouldn't work this way no wonder people just amble about not doing much they get exactly the same as if they do well
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Won't happen - the STF drops/loots are not, and have never been, based on who does the 'most work' in the mission.

Heck, it's perfectly possibly for someone who warps in and sits at the spawn point doing absolutely nothing to receive a 'superior' drop than others in the team who worked for their rewards.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 5
12-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Random number generator just wasn't your friend that STF. It happens.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-14-2012, 07:05 AM
The loot generator isn't kind, but it's finicky. And in pugs, Need is the (unfortunate) way to go here. And yes, EliteSTF channel is your friend.... your friend... I only do elites with my fleet, and only pug into Normal versions, for practice, and for fun, knowing it's a pug run.

If you're not in a good Fleet, the channel is the best bet for reliable runs. Rarely in blue moon rarely, has either option, done moi wrong. :p
Captain
# 7
12-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleaic View Post
The loot generator isn't kind, but it's finicky. And in pugs, Need is the (unfortunate) way to go here. And yes, EliteSTF channel is your friend.... your friend... I only do elites with my fleet, and only pug into Normal versions, for practice, and for fun, knowing it's a pug run.

If you're not in a good Fleet, the channel is the best bet for reliable runs. Rarely in blue moon rarely, has either option, done moi wrong. :p
He's right. EliteSTF (if you can get in) and PublicEliteSTF are usually good places to get good teams for STFs. Occasionally there is blatant and downright pathetic incompetence from players in both channels, but for the most part, it's pretty reliable.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.