Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
The Enterprise should have been destroyed with that poor firepower and bad leadership at the helm...got to hand it ot Cryptic....takes a lot to nerf THE Enterprise...
I agree. For the size of the mob we were fighting, I would have loved it if the Enterprise was off the scale. I only managed to lose my Excelsior once but toward the end of the battle I swear I was doing more damage than the Enterprise.

Come on, it's the ENTERPRISE!!! It needs to swoop in and one-shot the bad guys. She doesn't need to pull a Sulu "At least we've given them something else to shoot at."
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob

Come on, it's the ENTERPRISE!!! It needs to swoop in and one-shot the bad guys.
You can't make a good dps-tank out of an Odyssey just by putting the name Enterprise on it.

I think what we saw was perfectly in line with what that ship class is capable of.
Which isn't much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
You can't make a good dps-tank out of an Odyssey just by putting the name Enterprise on it.

I think what we saw was perfectly in line with what that ship class is capable of.
Which isn't much.
I don't know. Until the Duras sisters, the Enterprise-D managed to survive a lot of things its sister ships didn't. "Fate. Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." I'm just saying the devs could have put the best stuff on the ship. It's not like they'd have to earn it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Might have been more impressive if a tractor beam repulsor hadn't nudged her out of frame as she warped in. :\
Lt. Commander
# 15 Pfft..
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I found it funny when my glass like B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit was in fine shape and destroying ship after ship.. and the Enterprise at the end was without shielding and down to about 10 percent hull.. and it joined in the middle of the fight... Must be the Captain, I certainly wasn't fond of him during the first mission.. Time to pull a Christopher Pike and get a replacement Captain for the Enterprise after its first episode yeah? lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM
yeah my ody was completely fine and the ent was down to 3% hull and only one shield arc left and it was red lol

i used an engineering team on the poor thing
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post

Which isn't much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx
yeah my ody was completely fine and the ent was down to 3% hull and only one shield arc left and it was red lol

i used an engineering team on the poor thing

ok responding to both here. the ody class ship is more then capable i am a tactical officer and even without the benefits of engineering i can complete mission after mission with out being destroyed, (despite being destroyed allot in this battle.)

i would put wagers on it being a glitch in the game, and with this i used my engineering team on the ship several times!... i was concerned about failing to be honest
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-11-2012, 01:48 AM
All we've really ascertained is that AI Captains < Player Captains. =3
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
The Enterprise' abilities in battle could have been a lot better.

http://i.imgur.com/NGZ5c.png

Poor thing. Captain Shon must have just opened his Odyssey Requisition and flown the thing for the first time.
Plenty of letters left in the alphabet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2012, 06:17 AM
I couldn't help but want to send my carrier swarms to take out the Federation flagship after the fight. One less thorn in the side for the Empire in border skirmishes. lol

When fighting the Dreadnaught with my Gal-X, the Enterprise was concidentially out of range.

On a different note, the cut scene intro did remind of First Contact.