Lt. Commander
# 21
03-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Plenty of letters left in the alphabet.
But none within reach of my tiny hands. Unfortunately I use QWEASD just enough that I'd be crippled if I used them for more abilities, and shift/ctrl modifiers confuse my poor motor skills.

Don't get me started on alt modifiers. If I had a dollar for every time I alt+f4'd accidentally out of a battleground in WoW and lost the match for my team... I'd have close to $15.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
But none within reach of my tiny hands. Unfortunately I use QWEASD just enough that I'd be crippled if I used them for more abilities, and shift/ctrl modifiers confuse my poor motor skills.

Don't get me started on alt modifiers. If I had a dollar for every time I alt+f4'd accidentally out of a battleground in WoW and lost the match for my team... I'd have close to $15.
Play Guitar on Rockband for a week and you'll be amazed at how many more options open up for you in the world of the keyboard! hehe
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Too bad on the char I was playing it was "Captain, there is another starship coming in. Oh, it's just our sister ship."
You too, huh? Good thing we can say that a ship can have more than one sister ship. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I felt the introduction was weak.

You should never introduce a new ship in a battle scene... It takes focus away from it, and makes it seem less important than the ship itself.

Enterprise was just "shown" like that... no cool introductions
Enterprise Refitted gets a "grand-tour" showoff, with a shuttle flying around it.
Enterprise A: Another ship fills the screen, flies to the side and BAM... there she is.
Enterprise B: Bottle of champagne flying towards it, breaking and the whole ship is shown.
Enterprise C: Ermerges from temporal rift. Ship is still in focus.
Enterprise D: Slow camera "tour" from bottom.
Enterprise E: Beauty shot, with flyby.
Defiant: Decloaks alone outside of DS9
Voyager: Beautyshot, with the ship docked at a upper pylon.

So why show off the Enterprise in a scene cluttered with so many other ships...
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
On further consideration, I'm going to agree with a previous poster. The awe-factor was lost because I passed by a fleet of Odysseys on my way to play that mission.

We didn't need to get the Odyssey when we did. We already had the winter event going on. We should have waited until next week. Enterprise gets its grand unveiling then we have the chance to get a freebie that is similar.

Honestly, it felt like "There's another starship coming in. It's one of the hundred we already saw." Other than the new bridge, there wasn't anything exciting about it. Even the new captain's speech kept me thinking "That's nice. Now how about you shut up and shoot your guns?"
Lt. Commander
Captain Nog

What do you mean a ferengi cant be captain of the enterprise? Why not!

A starship captained by a ferengi will be the most pimped out ship in starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Nog can't be captain of the Enterprise-F because he disappeared along with the Enterprise-E and all of its crew--Nog was Data's Chief Engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I felt the introduction was weak.

You should never introduce a new ship in a battle scene... It takes focus away from it, and makes it seem less important than the ship itself.

Enterprise was just "shown" like that... no cool introductions
Enterprise Refitted gets a "grand-tour" showoff, with a shuttle flying around it.
Enterprise A: Another ship fills the screen, flies to the side and BAM... there she is.
Enterprise B: Bottle of champagne flying towards it, breaking and the whole ship is shown.
Enterprise C: Ermerges from temporal rift. Ship is still in focus.
Enterprise D: Slow camera "tour" from bottom.
Enterprise E: Beauty shot, with flyby.
Defiant: Decloaks alone outside of DS9
Voyager: Beautyshot, with the ship docked at a upper pylon.

So why show off the Enterprise in a scene cluttered with so many other ships...
Cryptic was running it this time = poor planning / story
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
IMHO, this mission was probably not originally planned to feature the Enterprise. I bet when this was designed, they were hoping to get it out in April or May and introduce the Enterprise in the next FE, which was probably going to be August or so...

But I bey by July or so, they saw that they'd either get starved by Atari or a priority shift under PWE and so they worked the Enterprise in here.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I agree.... Still dissapointed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
IMHO, this mission was probably not originally planned to feature the Enterprise. I bet when this was designed, they were hoping to get it out in April or May and introduce the Enterprise in the next FE, which was probably going to be August or so...

But I bey by July or so, they saw that they'd either get starved by Atari or a priority shift under PWE and so they worked the Enterprise in here.
I remember them talking about the enterprise being featured in this series already before the PWE purchase was officially announced...

I just think they could have re-modeled the final episode better... And the enterprise not being the flagship?

Who cares if I am the primary character in this story... the enterprise is the flagship... thats it...