Lt. Commander
# 1 Bug or Intentional? - Dominion
03-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Heya, running into a couple of things in the game that just puzzle me, and I wasn't sure if it was some kind of bug or if thats the way they are supposed to work?

1 When fighting stealthed Jem'Hadar, blurry but I can see them, and I use an area-of-effect attack (pulsewave rifle alt fire), they take no damage or knockback at all. Is stealth supposed to make them invincible, or just invisible?

2 Dominion Battleship hits me with Tractor Beam Repulsor doing 2k+ damage per tic, bypasses my shields and goes straight to the hull, and pretty much insta-kills me. STO Wiki says that skill, at level 3, does base 167 damage. I understand that as a boss fight he's gonna hit harder than a player can, but this seems excessive.

And I'm not complaining if thats how the game goes, I'm more just puzzled if this is what is supposed to be happening?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Dominion has been all kinds of hax since it was introduced in DS9. STO is just continuing the tradition. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Heya, running into a couple of things in the game that just puzzle me, and I wasn't sure if it was some kind of bug or if thats the way they are supposed to work?

1 When fighting stealthed Jem'Hadar, blurry but I can see them, and I use an area-of-effect attack (pulsewave rifle alt fire), they take no damage or knockback at all. Is stealth supposed to make them invincible, or just invisible?

2 Dominion Battleship hits me with Tractor Beam Repulsor doing 2k+ damage per tic, bypasses my shields and goes straight to the hull, and pretty much insta-kills me. STO Wiki says that skill, at level 3, does base 167 damage. I understand that as a boss fight he's gonna hit harder than a player can, but this seems excessive.

And I'm not complaining if thats how the game goes, I'm more just puzzled if this is what is supposed to be happening?
the thing is, the dynamic of bosses that can hit harder then a player can isnt needed, and infact is along the likes of what we call SNK bosses(google SNK Boss) its like elite mode tac cubes to tossing off hits that are over 600k damage and are 100% invisable.....guess this is all the dev's could figure out to do or it was the cheapest way to make things harder.....rather then putting any real effort into it....after all, From what a dev told me, cryptic only puts any effort into the stuff that makes them money.....and even then, the time/effort to $ ratio better be damn good or its not likely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
If you look closely at those shield specs, you will see an interesting bonus to completing the set.

+50 crew death/disable resistance. <--- That gives you a massive advantage.

I like it.