Lt. Commander
Do they still help with your weapon subsystem drains from using energy weapons?

And do they stack with each other or other abilities that increase recovery, like M.A.C.O.'s 2 piece set bonus (which btw I think is not working)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2012, 12:05 PM
EPS regulators only boost power transfer rate, they don't boost dps. They will allow to shift power between systems more quickly and if you are using beam overload they will help recover from that drain more quickly (as well as full impulse drain).

afaik eps consoles stack with diminishing returns.

The MACO set bonus does not boost power transfer but rather insulators so will protect from power drain abilities cast by other ships (like the breen one, tykens rift, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
are u sure they dont boot dps..it sure seems during my Beam Overload that my power level comes back up faster if I have my EPS in. Anyone else see that?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes they do boost the recover I'm just saying thats all they do - they do nothing for standard weapon fire power drain. So in the situation of firing beam overload they will bring your dps back up to full a little faster but nothing beyond that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Then they should change the Loading Screen tip that says having the EPS Flow Regulator will help deal with the weapon drain from firing alot of energy weapons
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
So getting EPS transfer with normal cannons don't help with DPS? I thought it helps recovery so the drain is less, therefore more DPS?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koraboros View Post
So getting EPS transfer with normal cannons don't help with DPS? I thought it helps recovery so the drain is less, therefore more DPS?
EPS will do nothing for cannons. The only weapon drain it helps with is beam overload.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Would you happen to have something to back that up?

According to stowiki:

"The EPS Flow Regulator is a Engineering Console that improves the power transfer rate between systems and recharge rates of ship's power levels.

It is often used to offset the power loss from using a unusually large number of energy weapons. If weapon power levels do not fully recover between volleys, adding this console will typically address the issue. "

Pretty sure cannons are still energy weapons, and a large amount of them can affect your weapon power level recovery, therefore using one should help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmutzig View Post
EPS will do nothing for cannons. The only weapon drain it helps with is beam overload.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark666
Would you happen to have something to back that up?

According to stowiki:

"The EPS Flow Regulator is a Engineering Console that improves the power transfer rate between systems and recharge rates of ship's power levels.

It is often used to offset the power loss from using a unusually large number of energy weapons. If weapon power levels do not fully recover between volleys, adding this console will typically address the issue. "

Pretty sure cannons are still energy weapons, and a large amount of them can affect your weapon power level recovery, therefore using one should help?
It's probably outdated information. A lot of the info on the wiki is.

As far as I know/heard, an EPS flow regulator does help, but only just barely.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark666
According to stowiki:

This was true with the old weapon mechanic (1+ year ago) where a weapon would drain 10 power and then that had to be regenerated to get to the pre-fire weapon energy level. Now a weapon takes that 10 power when it fires but the full 10 are then immediately restored when the weapons fire cycle completes.