Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This:

Quote:
These ships no longer have the ability to Critically Hit:
This will keep these critters deadly, while removing many of the "one shot = one kill" abilities that have been reported.
Is countered by this:

Quote:
Field Generator Console mods can now be stacked.
As such their effectiveness has been reduced.
Reducing the effect of those consoles by half was a big deal for PvE survivability against those big hitters. Just an opinion, but I think we have a classic case of overcompensation. Maybe 25% would be a better nerf than 18%. Granted, PvP balance has a lot to do with this change, so maybe the borg torpedos still need an additional balancing rather than another console adjustment. Donatra is still regularly one-shotting through MACO Mk XII shields.

Just my 2 cents. Good first pass. Keep it coming.

(Of course, I'm speaking only to elite difficulties.)

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about MECHANIC one-shots, as in, you were in the wrong spot when a mechanic proc'd (ie Donatra's cone). Just standard attacks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-02-2012, 02:34 AM
I had 16k shields(yes a was an *** running two gens +70%:p) now i have just one gen (11k shields) and it seams same with the new Borg nerf.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-02-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm not buying the alleged removal of one-shots till it stops happening. As of last night, ships are still getting vaporized from full health by invisible attacks and torpedo spreads.

Cryptic, if you want your customers to give you good reviews (and bring you more customers) you have to stop lying to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazapsky
I'm not buying the alleged removal of one-shots till it stops happening. As of last night, ships are still getting vaporized from full health by invisible attacks and torpedo spreads.

Cryptic, if you want your customers to give you good reviews (and bring you more customers) you have to stop lying to them.
Or maybe you could learn to read things in context, the ability of the cubes to score critical hits was removed thus removing many of the one shot kills... No where did it even imply that the ability of the Borg to kill you was removed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-02-2012, 05:53 AM
The shield console should go back to 35% non stack-able. The changes from March 29th release just killed the game for science ships.

I'm a eng and I fly a Tactical Cruiser or a Fleet Scort so I could care less for the science consoles. I just stack the shields and I'm done. No need to lose any of my eng or tac consoles, but for those whom fly the science vessels they have to exchange those consoles by shields if they want to survive.

I would be pretty sad if I was an science officer nowadays.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Lets face it truth is they dont know how they broke the consoles (which afaik happened when they moved from eng to sci slots) that they thought oh what the heck lets keep them stackable but reduce effectiveness. Cryptic are lazy and rather than fix bugs in the game they allow this sloppy, unfinished, bug ridden code to stay in the game. Is it really really too much to ask to fix the bugs ? really ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
The shield console should go back to 35% non stack-able. The changes from March 29th release just killed the game for science ships.

I'm a eng and I fly a Tactical Cruiser or a Fleet Scort so I could care less for the science consoles. I just stack the shields and I'm done. No need to lose any of my eng or tac consoles, but for those whom fly the science vessels they have to exchange those consoles by shields if they want to survive.

I would be pretty sad if I was an science officer nowadays.

Your post is a bit of a contradiction. As a captain of a tactical cruiser, you could actually use those science console slots for mega-shields. Science ships never could, because they need other consoles to make the science abilities work decently. I can't see anyone flying a science ship really give a fig. They were never going to have more than 1. What the ultimate shielding value ends up at is rather irrelevant. It doesnt really matter whether you have 10k shields or 12k shields. Shield abilities matter much more than that.

If they decide that players NEED a certain amount of shielding, they can just give players more shielding on the base ships.


Quote:

I'm not buying the alleged removal of one-shots till it stops happening. As of last night, ships are still getting vaporized from full health by invisible attacks and torpedo spreads.
I have a theory that the "invisible torpedo" is actually a warp core breach triggered, either by a small percentage chance of the hull-eater or a borg infiltration squad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Or maybe you could learn to read things in context, the ability of the cubes to score critical hits was removed thus removing many of the one shot kills... No where did it even imply that the ability of the Borg to kill you was removed.
He's not talking about dying to borg, he's talking about dying to one-shots. One-shots aren't sporting and in general, if you have appropriate gear level, you should never get taken from 100% shields, 100% hull to core breach with one attack, most notably non-targetable single-torpedos from gates and tac cubes and spreads from Donatra.

The elimination of crits was good, but by substantially nerfing shield cap, you removed the need for them to crit to pop people with one shot. I think borg torp's still need an adjustment. Not a blanket change for all damage, just torpedos. A case of using a scalpel rather than the sledge hammer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
I have a theory that the "invisible torpedo" is actually a warp core breach triggered, either by a small percentage chance of the hull-eater or a borg infiltration squad.
The "invisible" or "magic" torpedo is usually one fired while in range, that then impacts without graphics (or occurs significantly before graphics catch up because of the time differential in damage determination and display - you will notice this more the faster your ship is moving, typically) in or out of range of the cube.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krenlik View Post
I have a theory that the "invisible torpedo" is actually a warp core breach triggered, either by a small percentage chance of the hull-eater or a borg infiltration squad.
The combat log actually reads kinetic damage from a torpedo as the damage dealt, not a warp core breach.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitre
The elimination of crits was good, but by substantially nerfing shield cap, you removed the need for them to crit to pop people with one shot. I think borg torp's still need an adjustment. Not a blanket change for all damage, just torpedos. A case of using a scalpel rather than the sledge hammer.
I saw very few one shots over the weekend. The first was a Tac/ Odyssey fail boat (complete with five injuries at the start of the STF) and the others were all BoPs. The BoP seems to be the only ship type that can't consistently take the big hits now, the base stats are just so low on them. Some outside support would probably help but there are very few Cruisers that share heals.

For myself I wasn't one shot once, after eight Infected Space and five (IIRC) KA Space, all on Elite. The invisible hits were still there but both my Raptor and Defiant R absorbed the hit and limped away with 5-10% hull each time. These were all PuGs too so no cross healing or resistance stacking going on, just the HE, TSS and EPtS I carry with me. Definitely an improvement but if they can't separate the energy and kinetic damage then I'd not want them to reduce damage too much any more, the Borg are getting to be a(n even bigger) joke now.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.