Lt. Commander
# 11
03-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The problem with using our current EVA suits to fight the Tholians, of course, is that the suits aren't strong enough to act as armor. (I speak from experience. The Jem'Hadar vaporized me in a matter of seconds!) We're going to need new, armored EVA suits if we're going to take on those crystalline beasties in combat.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
The problem with using our current EVA suits to fight the Tholians, of course, is that the suits aren't strong enough to act as armor. (I speak from experience. The Jem'Hadar vaporized me in a matter of seconds!) We're going to need new, armored EVA suits if we're going to take on those crystalline beasties in combat.
i've been useing the suit to fight the breen and borg just because i love the visuals. works pretty well in the end if you have the right gear.

and remember, tholians could always be balanced out takeing into account for the suity armor
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Zero G Space Walk on the surface of our own ships? So we can look at details and go "This is not how I wanted my fleet patch to look..."
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Yes, more EVA goodness. DS9 was fun (when I didn't get stuck inside the hull) would like more spacewalking.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Agreed, the spacewalk portion of "Boldly They Rode" was fantastic.

More spacewalk missions in the future as others suggested, just being able to walk outside your ship or outside the various space stations would be great.

For now, I'm just thankful you let us keep the suits.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Being able to modify their colors would be full of win.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
What I would like to see for the EVA suit is that you guys produce a Federation and a KDF version. The EVA suit we got is obviously a Dominion version :p
^THIS^

I would really enjoy seeing Fed & KDF versions of the EVA.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captin96
just wanted to share something that i came across. on the description it says it can be used in extremely cold or HOT temperatures. If it wont be used to fight them than its a huge waste of a suit

anyone else agree with me?
I sure hope so...I really liked using the EV suit for this mission. Heck (pun intended), we'd probably need them to just talk to them in their natural environment.

The one thing I'd like to see as far as EV suits go is faction-correct ones. The one we had was cool, but it was meant for a Jem'Hadar to use. I'd like to see one similar to the ones they used in First Contact/Voyager for feds and one for the Klingons that looks, well, Klingony :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
There are many things we could use such suits for. . .
I feel like you'd need one if you were that crewman whose job it is to clean the holodeck after Comander Riker is done with it
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
My guess is the suits we used were not really meant for combat but for EVA repairs to Dominion ships.

I presume for combat Starfleet and the KDF would use something that somewhat resembles of the current STF sets.