Lt. Commander
# 1 Weakest FE yet?
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Does anyone feel the current FE was weakest in terms of story telling/plot and just overall design?

Personally I don't think it really did anything for the overall story, the Iconians were barely hinted at and it seemed like it was all just a nostalgic throw back to DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I loved it, but felt the KDF shoe-horn was very poorly done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Only thing I wasn't keen on was the fact that we were discouraged from overachieving on Bajor. Once you do one option of any given task pair the other disappeared. You had to replay Of Bajor to do the other half

I think the EVA would have been better without the posts, too. Let us figure our own path out.. if we send ourselves careening off into space by a bad jump, or miss a security panel by being too greedy on a shortcut, let us pay for it.. not like we can't try again....
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
no, not really.

not quite as good as cloaked intentions but i really enjoyed this series, the rewards, the story and gameplay. how did the breen or devidian series improve the overal story? sometimes episodes just have self contained stories of their own.

VO could be better. Cut scene probably need to be less and saved for the best moments but all in all id say this series was better than the Breen or Dividian for enjoyment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
i enjoyed it a lot i liked the space walk the story was good i could see why the Jem'Hadar went a bit mad and overall it was good. But yes the bar was set very high with cloaked intentions
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
I loved it, but felt the KDF shoe-horn was very poorly done.
We should be clued with the "by now you faced the Borg" at the start as ... no, we get no Borg missions and unless we responded to a Red Alert or taken certain missions (Seizing Enemy Emergency Reserves, Empire Defense Against Borg Invasion) we never see them.

And then there is Captain Shon that respected us because ... we destroyed the DeWitt and killed everyone aboard? and them comes the Conference were somehow I am now a Federation Officer?

If this is ever going to work for KDF it needs to have some ... changes, not it does not need changes period as the last mission space battle certainly needs fine tuning, as well as ground (sorry, respawning should not be a tactic).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I really liked the missions. Yes, there were a lot of plot holes but star trek always has plot holes (which can be eraised with enough techno bubble).

I liked Of Bayor especially since we now can walk on Bayor. Only thing that is mission are doff missions on the planet surface. And if I want to complain on a high level, I would rather have an female Vorta engineer boff as an reward insted of an Jem'Hadar, but the guy is fine too...

In my opinion the FE are the best missions in tha game, and I wouldn't say that this one was the weakest...
Exept when you are a Klingon player, than it is probably the weakest...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, the last 2 missions were pretty good, but I do think this one was the weakest of the FEs. Actually, my enjoyment of the FEs has declined with each new one. I love the Breen story, and really liked the Devidians. I liked the middle parts of the Romulan FE and just the last 2 parts of this one. Hopefully, the next one will be better.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I have to agree that the mission seemed poorly thought out. It seemed like the Federation and KDF were forced over a barrel for no appent reason. Why could not the player go to the New Link to get one of the 100 (I know, there are only 98 now) to serve as "Founder God". to remove the Dominion Fleet. Why couldn't Karu'kan defect to Lamat'Ukan's rebel group? With the series ending with a straight up fight with Karu'Kan's fleet, there was really no need to summon help from the Dominion, nor the release of the Founder Leader. A more satisfying conculusion would have been the addition of the 2800 fleet to Omega Forces in order to repel the Borg Threat.