Lt. Commander
If there is no Cruiser around to hold aggro and survive the damage, I wait until I have aggro and hit:

-Evasive Maneuvers
-Brace for Impact

and speed out to 15km-20km.

There I wait, if I have Polarize Hull and/or Emergency Power to Shields ready I hit it as well... waiting.

Then: BOOOM!

Entire shield facing gone and hull at 30%, burning down. I hit Hazard Emitters and I am good to go!

I now love the fact that I can survive an invisible-death-torpedo. Took me 100 STFs to learn it.

Still It would be nice, if you could see it. But the damage can stay as high, because it's awesome and realistic that the Borg are so strong and it gives you an incentive to master/equip for.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
If the Borg can adapt then so can we damn it !! Where's the Federation Science console to hack a Borg Super-Invisa-Torp and have it re-target the Borg cube??

I love the fact that you figure out a way to survive the super torps and have shared it with everyone, thanks for that. I just keep jamming on the point defense console (so worth the 800c-points for it), but it's nice to see a survivability plan for people that don't want to or can't afford to purchased c-store items.

Seriously thou with all the slacking in Federation technology and research and development there is no way the federation could have survived everything they've gone through lately without a #$@^load of luck. It is no secret in human history that war and conflict brings about the most amount of technological and strategic research and development. Airplanes, Jets, Tanks, Atomic, Hydrogen, Space travel, canons, swords, guns, fuels, medical advances. All of those are directly or indirectly at least in some part related to research and development that was done because of a war or conflict. This is something that had been paralleled in Star Trek for so long, but other than the a couple of redesigned ship classes and the exception of the slipstream and transwarp nothing new has come out of the federation.

None of this may seem related to your being able to survive a Borg super-torp, but it'a more related to that then anything else. The Borg can kick our asses whenever they want and they know it, when is it finally time to decide it's enough of defeating them by shear luck??
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
The torpedo isn't invisible really. Borticus ctyptic has already addressed this issue and a fix is in the works.
It's a Heavy Plasma torpedo that is sharing proprieties with the other borg weapons. Since this happens
the other weapons I.E. the beam and other Torp abilities get proritiy and you can't see it. This is going to be fixed so you can see it. I would sure Like to have one of those torpedoes though or some special glasses so my conn officer stops flying into them
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
It is not a Heavy Plasma torpedo. I know as I have mines around me that intercept and destroy Heavy Plasma torpedo's. Yet I still die to some sort of invisible normal torpedo that mines cannot target.

I do not see how Polarize Hull and/or Emergency Power to Shields keeps you alive. I still die in one hit with 25k shields at 75% resistance with almost 60k hull at I think it was around 70% resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Enterprise_J
The torpedo isn't invisible really. Borticus ctyptic has already addressed this issue and a fix is in the works.
It's a Heavy Plasma torpedo that is sharing proprieties with the other borg weapons. Since this happens
the other weapons I.E. the beam and other Torp abilities get proritiy and you can't see it. This is going to be fixed so you can see it. I would sure Like to have one of those torpedoes though or some special glasses so my conn officer stops flying into them
I don't think so (the part about them being HY plasma)
Quite often in the logs you'll see 'Tactical Cube deals XXXXXX damage to you with plasma torpedo'.
If it was a HY plasma it would say something like 'Officer heavy plasma torpedo deals XXXXXX damage to you with torpedo explosion III'
Lt. Commander
# 6 2 thumbs up
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovok View Post
If there is no Cruiser around to hold aggro and survive the damage, I wait until I have aggro and hit:

-Evasive Maneuvers
-Brace for Impact

and speed out to 15km-20km.

There I wait, if I have Polarize Hull and/or Emergency Power to Shields ready I hit it as well... waiting.

Then: BOOOM!

Entire shield facing gone and hull at 30%, burning down. I hit Hazard Emitters and I am good to go!

I now love the fact that I can survive an invisible-death-torpedo. Took me 100 STFs to learn it.

Still It would be nice, if you could see it. But the damage can stay as high, because it's awesome and realistic that the Borg are so strong and it gives you an incentive to master/equip for.
i love it when a player overcomes as oppose to whine for change ...also the cubes tend to fire the torps in tandum with tractor beam tractor beam repulsers work wonders
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
I do not see how Polarize Hull and/or Emergency Power to Shields keeps you alive. I still die in one hit with 25k shields at 75% resistance with almost 60k hull at I think it was around 70% resistance.
Good point, I think Polarize Hull and/or Emergency Power to Shields take off maybe another 10%-20% of the damage, so they are optional. Also if it crits, I probably still die anyway. Maybe at 20km the torpedo has lost some of its power?