03-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Is the shield fixed yet...?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Actually, I was wondering...it briefly seemed to not be triggering the DOFFs last night, but then the server crashed before I got a conclusive test. Anyone test it more extensively? (I'd be surprised if it was fixed on a weekend, but maybe there was a back-end quick fix.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok I have been out of the loop this weekend what is this all about?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
If you had one or more shield distriution doffs slotted on your ship and equipped the new FE reward shield, it would trigger a shield heal every time you took damage. People are getting hundreds of millions in healing in arenas.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Actually, I was wondering...it briefly seemed to not be triggering the DOFFs last night, but then the server crashed before I got a conclusive test. Anyone test it more extensively? (I'd be surprised if it was fixed on a weekend, but maybe there was a back-end quick fix.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Quote:
If you had one or more shield distriution doffs slotted on your ship and equipped the new FE reward shield, it would trigger a shield heal every time you took damage. And it can cause massive lag. People are getting hundreds of millions in healing in arenas.
*added other effect of bug*

No. It's not fixed yet. (Unless they patched it again since last night/this morning) :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention the lag you get if you start taking a lot of damage (because of all the procs).
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
If you had one or more shield distriution doffs slotted on your ship and equipped the new FE reward shield, it would trigger a shield heal every time you took damage. People are getting hundreds of millions in healing in arenas.
What a lovely cute little buggy .... squash
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I love this game... I hate this game... I love this game... I hate this game...

Cryptic, my internal balance is being thrown off by a conflict created by one of my favorite things in the world constantly being broken, presumably while being fixed. Seriously. I can live with some of them. Hybrid beams weren't horrible when they were "broken" I can live with broken skills, like power insulators. Didn't have that one before, don't really need it now. This one, though, it's one of those ones that just kills PvP gameplay for me. What is the point of being a shield stripping sci, when one hit from my teammate undoes it all?

Yes, there are ways around it. Target shields, a lot, and you'll get 'em eventually... whatever. Let me know when it is fixed guys. Won't be doing much other than logging in to collect/assign doff missions until then.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
i think in the next ask cryptic we should all ask why cryptic releases things without giving them a test in interal qa. and why the "strike team" wasnt able to find this simple to find bug.

i mean seriously... they really just dont care about us. so why the hell dont they just remove the pvp from the game and be done with it?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, it was found immediately by people who PvP because they all have the shield distribution officers slotted. But otherwise I can see that it would be easy to miss.

And I think the PvP strike team was about new systems like map types and stuff, not day-to-day issues.