Lt. Commander
# 501
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 502 Server Down Again ?!?
Wholey crap, why does this happen so much? I just got to work on laptop on nights with nothing else to do and want to play and its down for maintenance again? Sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 503
I started playing when F2P started and then went Gold and I am happy to be aa gold member and remain so. OK it crashes occaisionally but its not going down as often as some keep saying and at the end of the day it is just a game, not real life.

Oh but the lock boxes do get on my nerves LOL i just chuck em out of the inventory now cos i bought keys to use in my gold ones and got bugger all

And to the guy suggesting the downtime should be scheduled for 2am pst etc can i point out this is a GLOBAL game and 2am pst would be 6pm UTC so yeah would be ok for those in the states but not for everyone.

Oh and to the guy who said "its up, its up, not the server i took a blue pill" and the one who said "now you got something to do" I just hope he also has someone to do as well...
Lt. Commander
# 504 wall
wall we have labor day here and cant play the game but they are all doing a good job geting the bug out
Lt. Commander
# 505
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Shrive
I started playing when F2P started and then went Gold and I am happy to be aa gold member and remain so. OK it crashes occaisionally but its not going down as often as some keep saying and at the end of the day it is just a game, not real life.

Oh but the lock boxes do get on my nerves LOL i just chuck em out of the inventory now cos i bought keys to use in my gold ones and got bugger all

And to the guy suggesting the downtime should be scheduled for 2am pst etc can i point out this is a GLOBAL game and 2am pst would be 6pm UTC so yeah would be ok for those in the states but not for everyone.

Oh and to the guy who said "its up, its up, not the server i took a blue pill" and the one who said "now you got something to do" I just hope he also has someone to do as well...
Gold Member? Did you have a Smelting accident?? lol j/k
Lt. Commander
# 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael
It's posts like these that make me despise the majority of the playerbase for any MMO I play. Ugh.

Yes, the devs care. Our subscriptions and C-store purchases are paying their salaries, and you think they don't care? Wtf.

The devs are currently working to reboot the servers, restore the database, and then pick through hundreds of megabytes of crash dumps to try and find the root cause of this problem, ON A SUNDAY NIGHT THAT THEY WERE PROBABLY ENJOYING BY RELAXING AT HOME WITH THEIR FAMILIES, and you think they don't care? Wtf.

To everyone who whines and demands that the servers be fixed right now and can't understand why Cryptic can't fix the problem by throwing money at it: SHUT THE **** UP.

Mr. Branflakes and Mr. Rehpic have done us a favor by writing up and reposting an explanation of the software bug that is causing these crashes. I guarantee that 90% of you have no clue what heap corruption is, so please believe the 10% of us who do and Mr. Rehpic when we say that it is an extremely annoying and extremely difficult bug to track down and fix. Especially when you can't replicate the high load necessary to produce the error due to the anti-botting features you've installed in your own software.

To the devs at Cryptic, thank you for all the work you are putting into this game, and thank you especially for the overtime you put in, giving up your own free time, to resolve these crashes as quickly as you can. I also have to put in on-call time for my job, and I know too well how horribly it sucks to receive a page/text at 3 AM on Sunday morning that the server just went wahoonie-shaped.

Okay, I think I've ranted enough now.
my thoughts exactly stop your complaining they are trying to solve it jeeze some people make me wanna stop hunting romulans and expand to other species. Also how the heck did a andorian get control of the enterprise really they are not fit to scrub the transporter buffers much less command the most iconic startship in starfleet history my faith in the federation starting to waver
Lt. Commander
# 508
03-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Dang, I was hoping I could get on and run some dailies on my Tactical character. Oh well, no big deal. I hope everything gets fixed soon and the problem never bothers the devs again
Lt. Commander
# 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozwell
Holy S***, What The F*** Did They Break This Time?!??!?!
They tried to divide by zero.
Lt. Commander
# 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozwell
Holy S***, What The F*** Did They Break This Time?!??!?!
Oh, Toran, settle down, it's just a game. It'll be up soon enough.
Closed Thread