Lt. Commander
# 521
03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard
I have nothing against F2P, But these problems did not start happening until the game went F2P.
Well I'm glad that you have nothing against F2P, but If it's the addition of the F2P Accounts that are truly causing this problem, logic would note that it's caused by a server overhaul, causing stress on the servers from dealing with to many people playing the game at the same time.

However...

I think i remember someone saying that the STO servers capacity was reduced a month or 2 ago because there was a lack of players and there was to much space not being used.

But me personaly... I don't think that the crashes are being caused by the addition of F2P Players. I think it's something else entirely.

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 522
03-11-2012, 07:31 PM
How 'bout now?
Lt. Commander
# 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by levaranmudfleas
2 words...

CRY MOAR
E. . . ./. . F
Your TEARZ fuel us.
Lt. Commander
# 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaichoMuramasa
my thoughts exactly stop your complaining they are trying to solve it jeeze some people make me wanna stop hunting romulans and expand to other species. Also how the heck did a andorian get control of the enterprise really they are not fit to scrub the transporter buffers much less command the most iconic startship in starfleet history my faith in the federation starting to waver
You should be happy an Andorian is the Captain of the Enterprise as a Founding species I'm honoured, lols if it was a human I'd think the Federation was being a little too narrow minded hehe, atleast the Andorian isn't call Captain Blue...
Lt. Commander
# 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
Oh, Toran, settle down, it's just a game. It'll be up soon enough.
but seroisly, it took forever last time, and they took it down JUST as i was logging on
Lt. Commander
# 526
I don't get disconnected all that often, perhaps a couple of times a week, which doesn't bother me, but I do notice a lot of lag a few hours before a crash

Moving around missions/stations seems ok, but opening mystery boxes, using the exchange and sometimes moving weapons around, seems to lag considerably.

Given that another user lost 3000 cryptic points when the dilithium exchange lagged to hell and PW won't refund him, I tend to log out when it starts lagging, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaichoMuramasa
my thoughts exactly stop your complaining they are trying to solve it jeeze some people make me wanna stop hunting romulans and expand to other species. Also how the heck did a andorian get control of the enterprise really they are not fit to scrub the transporter buffers much less command the most iconic startship in starfleet history my faith in the federation starting to waver
To both Drishmael and TaichMuramasa:
I could not have said it better. They are out on a sunday night where as all us players are at home. Yes it's there job but if anything that's only more incentive for them to care.

And where the hell is data? I thought he was the captain of the Enterprise F?
Lt. Commander
# 528 Servers come back!
tick tick tick tick Boom goes the servers!
Lt. Commander
# 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkenes View Post
They tried to divide by zero.
Makes sense since the error is as yet, undefined...
Lt. Commander
# 530
03-11-2012, 07:32 PM
[/color]"The free to play launch of STO was supported by a substantial upgrade to the hardware used to run the live game, and that hardware is more than adequate to support our current user load, which is substantially higher than before f2p launch."

"The crash only occurs after 3-4 days of running under heavy load, and despite our best efforts we have been unable to reproduce it in the lab. "

More than adequate? Really? So every 2 days its down? Really? Root Cause? WDFK
Closed Thread