Lt. Commander
# 821
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
Mr. Abram's film was Star Trek in name only, and despite attempts to claim that it's better for it (that Star Wars, which it attempted to copy, is superior) -- it didn't even manage to match the quality of the good (early) Star Wars films. It's saddening that someone who is openly contemptuous toward Star Trek was given the ability to produce a film claiming to be Star Trek.

It's a corny film, devoid of substance. I felt sad for Leonard Nimoy. Every time I see the "Spock used red matter" message when loading the game I feel sad again.
and to think that that "star trek movie has a upcoming sequel I will not allow my children to think that is how star trek is thats why I bought all of voyager and am working on tng and the original series + they screwed the sulu up I like the old sulu
Lt. Commander
# 822
From wikipedia.....

Quote:
Larches are conifers in the genus Larix, in the family Pinaceae. Growing from 20 to 45 m tall,[1] they are native to much of the cooler temperate northern hemisphere, on lowlands in the north and high on mountains further south. Larch are among the dominant plants in the immense boreal forests of Russia and Canada.

Although a conifer, the larch is a deciduous tree and loses its leaves in the autumn. The shoots are dimorphic, with growth divided into long shoots typically 1050 centimetres long[citation needed] and bearing several buds, and short shoots only 12 mm long with only a single bud. The leaves are needle-like, 25 centimetres long, slender (under 1 cm wide). They are borne singly, spirally arranged on the long shoots, and in dense clusters of 2050 needles on the short shoots. The needles turn yellow and fall in the late autumn, leaving the trees leafless through the winter.

Larch cones are erect, small, 19 cm long, green or purple, ripening brown 58 months after pollination; in about half the species the bract scales are long and visible, and in the others, short and hidden between the seed scales. Those native to northern regions have small cones (13 cm) with short bracts, with more southerly species tending to have longer cones (39 cm), often with exserted bracts, with the longest cones and bracts produced by the southernmost species, in the Himalaya.
Link.
Lt. Commander
# 823
Did someone Mention JJ?

Quote:
"Star Trek," he says, referring to the original TV series, "always felt like a silly, campy thing. I remember appreciating it, but feeling like I didn't get it. I felt it didn't give me a way in. There was a captain, there was this first officer, they were talking a lot about adventures and not having them as much as I would've liked.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/...view-star-trek
Lt. Commander
# 824 I wish you guys luck
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I know it is hard troubleshooting server issues, I have to point out here, that there has not been a videogame released recently that does not have bugs. This s just a fact of life. Thanks to the Devs for actually caring and working on fixing this issue. I love the game; bugs or not. Thanks for releasing F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard
1.Perpetual Entertainment originally owned the game, but went bankrupt BEFORE they launched the game. Cryptic bought it after that and launched the game in 2010...funny that a game could go bankrupt before it was even launched.
2. Yes, they make money off of SOME of the F2P, but they make more off of all of the GOLD players.
3. I was not crying to get rid of it, merely that they should restrict or remove those accounts until they get the crashes fixed that did not occur before the F2P launch.
the crashes didnt occure or not as offten because of server load, they need to load to track down the problem...

and get over it, you want rid of f2p because your a lifer and paid to play, just like all the aholes who dont want stf public que fixed because it drives the "silver scumb" away.

they make more off f2p players who buy cstore then they do off golds im sure, just like every game thats gone f2p with an optional sub and store, the store draws more out of people then the 14-15/mo they put in for a sub, infact a friend of miness spend a few hundred on the game so far between all the cstore points hes gotten both of us and the ce/dde/std keys hes gotten us.....

again, clearly your not familiar with how much money f2p games make and how they do it.....
Lt. Commander
# 826
I'm a former gold member and I have spent what I guess to be over $100,000 on this game in 2 years and I have every right to complain!
Lt. Commander
# 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzienomega
For the idiot above that wants to bash the F2P players...

1) STO did fail in 2008 when it went bankrupt... Cryptic bought the game from atari...
2) Cryptic makes money off the F2P players because hey we're still spending money to play the game if not more...
3) It's going to be a common theme for cryptic because hey Champions, COH, COV,....etc are all free to play now. Your cry to get rid of it is futile.
4) There is always some kind of bug or bugs when the game goes open house so yeah there might be some more downtime then usual...big shocker there. They should have beta'd first.
5) No one is impressed with your ****ing contest with the F2P players...your just letting everyone else see your ignorance...troll about something else.
Let's correct some information.

1) STO under Cryptic did not go bankrupt. It was Perpetual Entertainment, who was developing the game from 2004 to 2008, that went bankrupt in January 2008. Cryptic officially announced they were taking over STO in July 2008 and STO launched in February 2010. Timeline corrected.

2) Lifetime subs and gold subscribers still spend money in the C-store. A 400 C-point per month stipend doesn't go that far. It's the equivalent of buying five bucks in C-points. So yes, maybe lifers and gold subs functionally "spend" $5/month less than free players. However lifetime subs have already shelled out $300 for the most part (with a few spending less when they were on sale). Gold subs are spending $15/month and getting their stipend and the perks of being gold members. You can't assume that the free players are the only ones spending money in the C-store. Actually, in my fleet, they are the more discerning shoppers and tend to look for the best bang for their buck. But as a whole, even our gold players and lifetime subs are still spending cash like the silver players.

3) The Season 5/F2P version of STO was tested on the Tribble test server starting on September 29th, 2011. So yes, there was a beta. However, only paying players & lifetime subs were able to participate.

So that's some misinformation and assumptions corrected.
Lt. Commander
# 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara_kisuke
Williams you are definately a ******
I would like an explanation for you offense and that now.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good
The Granuiad?

Pfff, darn leftists.
Closed Thread