Lt. Commander
# 1 DS9 Wormhole Questions
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Did anyone ever:

- Ram to side of the wormhole deliberately, trying to make a perpendicular exit?

- Go to warp inside the wormhole?

I don't remember either but my memory is imperfect.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 02:25 AM
In all honesty, there shouldn't have even been an interior. A wormhole is more like space being folded in such a manner that two points, or the "ends" of the wormhole occupy the same point in space and time. The way Sam Niel explains it in Event Horizon, drawing "point A" and "point B" on a piece of paper, then showing the shortest distance between them is nothing by folding it and jamming a pencil through both points at once, and that's how is how I always figured it was (without the whole spaceship is posessed shebang).

Although that said, I don't recall anyone trying to branch off anywhere else, or go to warp inside.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
In all honesty, there shouldn't have even been an interior. A wormhole is more like space being folded in such a manner that two points, or the "ends" of the wormhole occupy the same point in space and time. The way Sam Niel explains it in Event Horizon, drawing "point A" and "point B" on a piece of paper, then showing the shortest distance between them is nothing by folding it and jamming a pencil through both points at once, and that's how is how I always figured it was (without the whole spaceship is posessed shebang).

Although that said, I don't recall anyone trying to branch off anywhere else, or go to warp inside.
Well, to be fair, the Bajorna Wormhole isn't a standard wormhole either. Being created by the Prophets (for whatever reason) it's nature would possibly different than a Natural wormhole. Case in point would be the TNG episode where they were bidding on what they thought was a stable wormhole, and Data and Geordi's trip through it both times was shown to be nearly instantaenous. All that plus, it makes for an interesting plot device.