Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
So I was reading this article, and they got to the part about Star Trek....

Quote:
Star Trek
Thanks to the 2009 movie the Star Trek universe has really moved on since the cancellation of Enterprise in 2005. There’s another movie on the way but at some point Star Trek really needs to find a way to get back on television. Netflix might be the perfect place to do it, as an experimental outlet willing to test out more niche Trek series ideas while leaving room for some big network to swoop in and start a more traditional Trek series too. For instance some have suggested that the next Trek could try exploring the inner workings of lesser known parts of the universe, maybe an entire series based on examining the inner workings of the Federation Council. It would play out like West Wing but set in the future. Or perhaps a Trek series set entirely in the Klingon Empire, following the exploits of a Klingon crew aboard a Bird of Prey. Star Trek: Bird of Prey would be a badass name for a series. Meanwhile CBS would still be free to do a more traditional Trek series on their channels, letting these other ideas play out on Netflix in the hopes that one of them might take off.
.... and I thought to myself...

"Holy crap, 'Star Trek: Bird of Prey' does sound awesome!"
I mean, could you imagine a Star Trek series from the Klingons' point of view?

Here's the article itself, for perusal.
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...erra-nova.html
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
If not Netflix, Amazon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I would totally watch that!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I didn't know Amazon was interested in such things. Hm.
But man, a new Star Trek TV anything would be a long time in coming, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Apparently, there's a poll at the bottom of that page. I'd say, vote if you can.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Star Trek: Bird of Prey
In which Captain Kluless and the crew are transported to the Delta Quadrant and must find a way home...

Aaaaarrrrrggghhh!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
In which Captain Kluless and the crew are transported to the Delta Quadrant and must find a way home...

Aaaaarrrrrggghhh!
At the very least, you know for a fact that a crew of stranded Klingons won't waste any time whatsoever in just shooting anything that gets in their way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius

Aaaaarrrrrggghhh!
I can picture it now...

Season 1: Klingons wind up in the Delta Quadrant.

Season 7: Entire Delta Quadrant conquered by Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
But of course.
And naturally, they would have acquired vast amounts of awesome technology, to enhance the "shooting everything" policy they act under.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, make the main ship a Bird of Prey or a Vor'cha and fill the whole series with epic pew pew pew scenes like Space Battleship Yamato.

lol.

Don't forget to add in a few Klingon dating scenes. I honestly have no idea how that works outside of a single scene in TNG (featuring Worf)