Lt. Commander
Hello everyone,

I have tried to look for this, with no answer. I was hoping that i could get an answer for this.

I have been told that Mass Effect was in-part inspired by Star Trek and borrows (not steals) certain elements. I am not a Mass Effect fan, so please excuse my igorance on the subject. Mass Effect seems to be set in a universe where Earth is not a central place for a greater planetary alliance.

In the trailer, as I saw on TV, I became curious as to whether the following was a subtle Star Trek reference (the blowing up on the Globen Gate Bridge).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...o3Iach1QU#t=5s

I thought this just because San Francisco is a very important place in Star Trek.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
EDIT: nevermind.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Trek85 View Post
In the trailer, as I saw on TV, I became curious as to whether the following was a subtle Star Trek reference (the blowing up on the Globen Gate Bridge).

I thought this just because San Francisco is a very important place in Star Trek.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
How many Bridges have world wide name recognition around the world??? (London Bridge???) The 'Golden Gate' was probably selected because of this...

(Now if they had used a shot of the nearby Oakland Bay Bridge, people would say 'what?!?!')
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Trek85 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have tried to look for this, with no answer. I was hoping that i could get an answer for this.

I have been told that Mass Effect was in-part inspired by Star Trek and borrows (not steals) certain elements.
I think the game is heavily influenced by Star Wars to be honest, as it looks like they wanted to make Kotor 3but the costs to Lucas or Lucas saying no, meant they had to come up with their own universe (which they did an amazing job on).

TBH, I think they have used many elements from every SCI-FI out their and if you look I am sure you can see blade runner, ST even Farscape too influences not references.

Don't think this is a star trek reference about the bridge though.