Lt. Commander
In response to Alecto's statement, regarding the previous thread,

Quote:
Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic!
I am hereby starting a new thread on the topic. by quoting lucianalliance from the last post in the old thread.

Quote:
All this time and we're still waiting for that promise of a full faction just as we were when the game launched and then again when this thread first appeared. Even Darth Vadar wouldn't find my lack of faith disturbing.
Discuss...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Which old thread?

There are several active threads discussing it as well as a bajillion threads that have discussed it...

edit: Ah, you linked the thread that lucian necro'd...

Still, there are several active threads on the matter as well as a bajillion threads that have discussed it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Which old thread?

There are several active threads discussing it as well as a bajillion threads that have discussed it...

edit: Ah, you linked the thread that lucian necro'd...

Still, there are several active threads on the matter as well as a bajillion threads that have discussed it.
I did what Alecto suggested. If he wishes to merge this with one of the many he may do so. But the person I quoted has a valid point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
He's my philosophy on STO: anything said or promised about STO prior to Jan 17th is meaningless. I don't care what a Dev said before the game launched. I don't care what a Dev said after the game launched. I don't care what a Dev said before PWE bought them. I only care about what Devs say since Jan 17th when FTP made STO a whole new ballgame.

Anyone who's watched Cryptic struggle with making Mission Content for the last 2 years can't possibly have fooled themselves into believing Cryptic was going to somehow magically get out 50 Klink Missions (1 for each level) when they've only been able to get out 20 FE parts and 8 Klink Missions in that time - and most of the FE parts wouldn't really be considered a standard-sized Mission.

At a certain point the Klingon players are just going to need to accept that getting one new dedicated Mission per year is about the best they're ever going to hope for - and that's probably more then what the Feds will get. Every player is in the same "no new Missions" boat, and I really don't see that changing based on Dev statements made since Jan 17th.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
I did what Alecto suggested. If he wishes to merge this with one of the many he may do so. But the person I quoted has a valid point.
Have to wonder if Alecto was being sarcastic in suggesting that yet another thread be created rather than continuing the discussion in one of the countless threads on the matter that have had posts in the past 100+ days... unlike the thread that was necro'd.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd like to see more Klingon stuff.

That said, I am starting to wonder if more leveling content is the way to go because they don't really want people to spend much time leveling. The message I'm getting seems to be that they want people at the cap as quickly as possible and adding more Klingon content to LEVELING doesn't accomplish that.

I do think KDF should unlock sooner.

But starting 20 levels higher could be a selling point.

The less popular they anticipate a faction being, the higher level it starts at.

That could balance out faction population numbers if there's not a gate on rolling one.

Say Romulans and Cardassians start at 35. Ferengi start at level 45 or even at 50.

Then you market these factions for people who want a shortcut to endgame, who don't want to level at all.

If everybody gets a Ferengi slot and Ferengi don't have to level, you get everyone who MIGHT want a Ferengi to roll one.

This does reframe some of the issues.

Less Klingon leveling isn't necessarily less Klingon content if missions are not the prime kind of content being produced. We're looking at missions as the standard because they have been so far. But you can have other PvE and, indeed, other PvE quests -- even ones with cutscenes and voice and any other whistles and bells you can think of -- but that are not necessarily episodic missions.

You could have, for instance, Klingon exclusive STFs or crafting systems designed to compensate for the shorter leveling curve and that provide Klingon feel in other ways.

I think in some respects, STO is probably looking at moving its PvE and even its storyline outside of the mission mold.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
He's my philosophy on STO: anything said or promised about STO prior to Jan 17th is meaningless. I don't care what a Dev said before the game launched. I don't care what a Dev said after the game launched. I don't care what a Dev said before PWE bought them. I only care about what Devs say since Jan 17th when FTP made STO a whole new ballgame.

Anyone who's watched Cryptic struggle with making Mission Content for the last 2 years can't possibly have fooled themselves into believing Cryptic was going to somehow magically get out 50 Klink Missions (1 for each level) when they've only been able to get out 20 FE parts and 8 Klink Missions in that time - and most of the FE parts wouldn't really be considered a standard-sized Mission.

At a certain point the Klingon players are just going to need to accept that getting one new dedicated Mission per year is about the best they're ever going to hope for - and that's probably more then what the Feds will get. Every player is in the same "no new Missions" boat, and I really don't see that changing based on Dev statements made since Jan 17th.
It would be nifty to plug the holes in the 30s and 40s though. Course, that would be around 6-7 missions and pushing one's luck, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
We've been seeking the KDF content this game should have been shipped with since release and been told the unlock increase was as a result of the work needing done to fill out the Klingon faction like they want. But it takes reanimating a zombie thread to get this longstanding request any acknowledgment. They won't fix the cloaking issue much less give KDF the content that should have shipped at release. Much like politicians, once the campaign promises get them elected...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
But it takes reanimating a zombie thread to get this longstanding request any acknowledgment.
I don't know where you've been. There's probably at least 1 new KDF content thread on the forum every week.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Have to wonder if Alecto was being sarcastic in suggesting that yet another thread be created rather than continuing the discussion in one of the countless threads on the matter that have had posts in the past 100+ days... unlike the thread that was necro'd.
  1. I'm never sarcastic on these forums...

2. Threads that have not been posted in for 30 days or more must be closed.

3. My suggestion to start a new thread is there to remind you all that you have that privilege.

4. The reason Klingon gam-play is unlocked at Fed level 25 is because the Klingon faction doesn't have a tutorial or any missions that follow which help a player become acquainted with STO.

5. Eventually after PVE mission/story content as well as a tutorial is added to the Klingon Faction + more, the Klingon game-play unlock level will then be removed.

6. I am not a Cryptic/PWE employee, I can only tell you what I know because I've previously gained the knowledge from reading it from dev posts or concluding to it from reading multiple dev posts.