Lt. Commander
# 1 Thank You Cryptic
03-12-2012, 02:05 AM
I searched but I couldn't find one, so I thought it would be good to make one myself.

Cryptic, thank you for making a game I truly enjoy as the most interactive and easily manipulable version of Trek that I have ever seen. It is easy and fun to do whatever I want in the Trek universe in this game, and I love every minute of it. I have gotten to sit in Picard's captain's seat, Sisko's office and seen what it is to fight the most heinous of the Federation's enemies. I will always remember this with fondness as one of the best gaming experiences of my life, right there next to Halo. You have truly touched my Trek side and given me an outlet for all the Trek that I thought might never be.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have blessed all of the Trekkies throughout the world.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Hmm yeah STO is easily now the best Star trek game ever created. I love the ground missions and I love the space battles. They both add strength and complement each other.

Now if you could afford a few pennies Cryptic could use those as token of your gratitude.
Well to me if u really enjoy it and feel the game is well made and could afford to set aside a few dolllars I don't see why not spending a little money on the game.

Edit
Ah I forgot you posted thus you already spent

but it seems more trashy people are arriving with f2p.....the hostilty between Klingon and Fed often seems a bit ridiculous. The chat system doesn't help either to promote social grace between the two factions say in Kerrat. The text is often lost.

Truth to be told we need both faction alive and kicking to enjoy the game the most...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2012, 08:27 AM
No, thank YOU!
Glad you like it, and I hope we continue to dish out the Star Trek we all know and love.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
No, thank YOU!
Glad you like it, and I hope we continue to dish out the Star Trek we all know and love.
I also want to thank you Tumerboy for being so active on the forums. I know it can be harsh out here, but I appreciate the time you take to read our feedback and concerns.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Its always nice to see threads like this. I can honestly say that if we had more people like you here on the forums, they would be a much better place. Thank you teriar for being such an awesome person.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 09:15 AM
I will have to add my thanks here also. As a loooong time Trekkie, I have just about every game made for the ST universe going all the way back to board games and the really, really cheesy computer games. My favorite before this one was (and sometimes I still play it) BOTF.

The game may not be perfect but after waiting 30+ years for a good ST game, I can wait a little longer :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Agreed whole-heartedly. Thank you, Cryptic, for creating a beautiful game that I have enjoyed since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
DItto to what the OP said. I've been lurking a few forums and most F2P folks I've seen enjoy the game alot. There's WAY less "LOL STO FAIL" type of messages then I expected. Maybe the IP still is able to bring folks with an open mind and I think alot of them are amazed the game isn't in your face about asking for money.

Its kind of a shame more silvers haven't shown up on the board. All the lifers here are pretty grizzled and seem to break out the tinfoil hat a bit too often.

I'm actually curious of the forums yelling "cash grab" every time a Cstore item is released will ever get used to the semi-weekly Cstore items that are sure to become the norm in the F2P world.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Gotta agree with the op, ty for your work. I came over about 2 weeks ago and very happy that i did. Space and ground combat are fun and getting my teeth in some good trek lore is always fun. My only complaint is that i want more , and thats not really a complaint just my excitement for things to come. O, and the foundry system is pretty cool, ive just been learning how to use it but i am really surprised at the user friendliness
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm a recent F2P'er and have enjoyed pretty much every aspect of this game.

The only complaint I have so far is when the waypoints on the maps disappear. It's not a big deal, they come back over time. It's just a hiccup in the otherwise fantastic gameplay experience.

The Foundry IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS GAME! I looooove the fact that we can make our own content and share it with others.

It's also a guarantee to the players that there will be a stream of new content, even if the Devs are encountering problems while working on a featured episode.

Don't get me wrong, the episodes are GREAT, but the backbone of an mmo is the community. The Foundry accomplishes this on a whole new level.

Thank you for this! Thank you!