Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi everyone,

I made rear admiral recently, and was working toward getting the aegis
set, but in the mean time I have 2 of 3 jem'hadar set. Am tempted to get part 3
and switch my weapons to polaron beams.

The engines are really good, I'm noticing the handling increase.

Is it worth while pursuing this course until stfs?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I say why not. Grinding for the MACO or other sets can take a while. I have 2 of the sets on my Adv Excelsior (engine and shield) and find that i like them a lot. I even like the purple color added to your engines....reminds me of the mirror vessels but Im sticking with my AP beams. I suppose it also depends on the situation you are going into. Would that set be good against the Borg compared to MACO or the others?

I say get all 3 and use them while grinding the STF's for the other sets.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Jem'Hadar set is a great starter set until you grind up to something better. Its what I am using myself in my Imperial Assault Cruiser. The purple goes really well with my black color scheme as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Jem'Haddar shields are amazing. Definitely go for the Polaron Beams, you'll notice the damage increase. Alternately, you could go with Polaron single cannons in the front and turrets in the back, gives you a wider range where all your weapons can fire. Use the Jem'Haddar deflector and shields on my AC with Borg engines.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Trekkie View Post
Jem'Haddar shields are amazing. Definitely go for the Polaron Beams, you'll notice the damage increase. Alternately, you could go with Polaron single cannons in the front and turrets in the back, gives you a wider range where all your weapons can fire. Use the Jem'Haddar deflector and shields on my AC with Borg engines.
Guess so, the shields are bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAOS_Nurg
Jem'Hadar set is a great starter set until you grind up to something better. Its what I am using myself in my Imperial Assault Cruiser. The purple goes really well with my black color scheme as well.
I'm not convinced it's a "starter" set at all. The STF grind is really kind of counter productive in that all it gives you is a set of gear that is tweaked out to ... continue the STF grind.

If you really don't care for that kind of grind, then your "starter" set IS your end-game set. Aegis, Breen Supercool, or the Jem'Hadar Purple on Purple set all do the job just fine at end-game. And you have to use something like that while grinding for that STF set that you're then going to use to what? Grind more STFs with?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Guess so, the shields are bugged.
Are they? That's a shame, I hope they don't get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Trekkie View Post
Are they? That's a shame, I hope they don't get fixed.
Do you not realise how broken they are?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
Nope. Waiting for someone to explain it to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
Well I did notice my ship had an alarming tendency to not die when it has no right to survive. One 1v1 PVP match against a Kar'Fi for example, I had 46 million healing., and he had about 6 million damage.