Lt. Commander
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TvyH072RE

I know theres been a few threads about this bridge offering image previews, one of them was mine.
Decided to upload a 2 and a half minute video tour tho, if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a 2:30 video is worth... *counts 30 frames per second*... oh you get the idea.

Still images availiable (Like close ups of the readable LCARS console text) at http://avatarcontinuum.imgur.com (In the Enterprise F Bridges album)

Edit: I apologise for the Jem'Hadar yelling in the background, lol, outside of the ship theres a space battle going on at DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Awesome tour, thank you.

Know I know the two small details that have been bugging me about this bridge.

Both of which could be corrected if Cryptic so wants (doubt it though).

The obvious is the missing identifiable helm. I realize the helm is probably one of the two statiosn next to teh viewscreen, but it should stand out more to be as iconic as it deserves to be.

The second which I only just now figured out is the color palette.

Carpet AND ceiling is black!
What?

That is something that seems sooo un-Starfleet. It makes it look like a bad guy's ship.

So far we have either had warm or metalic color palettes (or white in the case of the latest movie). The exception was the TOS bridge in primary colors with some black highlights...

But it was always very light and bright....

Would really like to know what prompted that design choice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Oops forgot to look up at the ceiling at a certain point, underneath the central bridge area theres a large white star shaped looking light which looks nice.

Also I believe it's actually slightly darker overall in this video than it was during the game. It does have a lot of black compared to previous bridges tho.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 07:52 AM
That room under the bridge needs some chairs. At least 4 for the people using the table consoles. I love that room though. I imagine it as a room where people on the ship give combat intel to the ground teams.

Oh, and thanks for making the video! Can you post a screenshot of the light that you're talking about?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Was already working on it, added it to the other images I took from my other thread, which makes 15 images alltogether. Second last image is the star light at the top... really just a circular light to be honest but the hull sections around it make it look nice.

http://avatarcontinuum.imgur.com

Also interesting to note is that tiny text on the consoles... actual real readable text, tho in most cases backwards or flipped horizontally or verrtically or upsidedown, etc, apparently the holographic consoles arn't working correctly, or Cryptic didn't expect us to get close enough to read them.

(In the Bridge album, obviously) :-P
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 07:57 AM
It's like an Excomp's POV for the tour. Kinda fun when you imagine that.

So here's my critique of the bridge:

I like the architecture and textures. They're very nice and work well.

I'm not a fan of the size of the bridge. It suffers from the same problem I have with a lot of the KDF bridges. Some of your crew are so far away and hidden you forget they're even on your bridge at times. I'd be walking around my KDF bridge and be like "Oh hey HEY! How you doing Mr. Science BOFF! I forgot you were over here. Long time no see. How's things?"

That front part of the bridge, down the stairs and tucked away from view, can create that issue here. You compare that to the "snug" or "cozy" feeling of say the Galaxy bridge or the TOS Bridge, where everyone's just in view and a mere direct order away from you in the captain's chair.

I'd love to see the same "style" of bridge done on a smaller scale for a different ship. I'd probably be a huge fan of it at that point.

I have a question ... does the transporter pad serve as the turbolift or is there a turbolift behind that red door off to the left?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 08:00 AM
The door on the left leads to a turbolift.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Awesome! Thanks for answering that. Definitely a fascinating bridge design.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 08:06 AM
that is a fantastic bridge. yes its way too big but nevertheless it looks amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Added 3 more images to http://avatarcontinuum.imgur.com to include the lighting on the roof of the bridge as well as two close ups of the LCARS consoles so you can read the tiny text.