Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarContinuum
Added 3 more images to http://avatarcontinuum.imgur.com to include the lighting on the roof of the bridge as well as two close ups of the LCARS consoles so you can read the tiny text.
I love how the console appears to be one of the artist's timetables, plus the "Concept Courtesy of Bungie" at the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Awesome bridge but.....we couldn't get a new ready room? Really?!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2012, 07:42 AM
What's there already took 2 weeks for one person to build. That's already a pretty amazing amount of man-hours devoted to this bridge. Yes, I'd have liked a new ready room, and chairs on the lower decking, and more to the lower decking to show off more stuff (like the officer's lounge to the far back of the bridge module)... but we're already pretty spoiled with just what we got there, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Okay, I actually really like that bridge. Yes, it is still way too big but all bridges share this issue. But other than that this is a very neat design, especially like the small room beneath the bridge. I imagine it as a tactical operations room or maybe the "elevate-able" battle bridge (on seperation, the stairway gets shut and the whole thing moves to the stardrive section). EDIT: on second thought, this doesn't work since there is no connection XD Oh, but maybe it is for the aux craft or something. Haven't decided yet. Isn't there a official function? :p

I also actually like the holographic LCARS panels, it feels like a logical evolution But please, PLEASE let us somehow choose which BOFF gets which station. It would really bite having this new, unique bridge and then having some gimp ensign sitting on the first officer's chair
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega

I also actually like the holographic LCARS panels, it feels like a logical evolution But please, PLEASE let us somehow choose which BOFF gets which station. It would really bite having this new, unique bridge and then having some gimp ensign sitting on the first officer's chair
Hear hear!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Excellent video. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

The interior is still huge, but it looks good. That is not honestly a combination that we have had before. I think that many of us can forgive huge for a completely new set on a very large ship.

To me the 3 central chairs and stations look like a great place for a flag officer to coordinate fleet operations. Maybe there is an area up top, or that below front, that could be for the ship's captain and direct crew. Maybe it could be flipped the other way around, with the flag officer tucked away in the corner directing things.

Whatever the case, I wish they had time for a new ready room and an additional ready room for an Admiral.

I also wish that I had a character who might use the Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Nice video :-D

I think you did a better job if showcasing the bridge than mine. I focused on the overall.

I can't wait till we get the bridge itself ingame

My Odyssey Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRKEhU4wvw
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
What's there already took 2 weeks for one person to build. That's already a pretty amazing amount of man-hours devoted to this bridge. Yes, I'd have liked a new ready room, and chairs on the lower decking, and more to the lower decking to show off more stuff (like the officer's lounge to the far back of the bridge module)... but we're already pretty spoiled with just what we got there, I think.
Throwing down 4 chairs wouldn't take more than 20 minutes. It's not like he has to redesign and re texture each chair from scratch. And if he does.... inefficient system, replace it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
It's missing its chairs on the lower deck.

Other than that startling oversight, I think it's an amazing piece of work.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
Nice video :-D

I think you did a better job if showcasing the bridge than mine. I focused on the overall.

I can't wait till we get the bridge itself ingame

My Odyssey Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRKEhU4wvw
Nice video!

What is the name of the song you used? I could listen to it forever. *floats off*