Lt. Commander
# 21
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
Awesome bridge but.....we couldn't get a new ready room? Really?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
What's there already took 2 weeks for one person to build. That's already a pretty amazing amount of man-hours devoted to this bridge. Yes, I'd have liked a new ready room, and chairs on the lower decking, and more to the lower decking to show off more stuff (like the officer's lounge to the far back of the bridge module)... but we're already pretty spoiled with just what we got there, I think.
I agree that we need a new ready room and lower decks to match. I hope Cryptic is going to start working at that or start looking into doing a new ready room and lower decks to match. The bridge does look amazing.

Thanks for sharing the video of the bridge!!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
Nice video :-D

I think you did a better job if showcasing the bridge than mine. I focused on the overall.

I can't wait till we get the bridge itself ingame

My Odyssey Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRKEhU4wvw
I actually pefered yours, lol, moved a little faster for my liking but had much better complex camerea movements... and nice audio :-P
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
You know, if they added a little bit more orange into the holo LCARS, I'd swear I was playing Mass Effect.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I really wish that Cryptic could add the observation lounge on the side like in TNG. For fleets or RP'ers it would be a nice addition to plan away missions or just have a place to hang out on the ships interior. The environment is modelled already, so why couldn't they have bolted them on the sides? This bridge is fantastic, and I feel it's a missed opportunity to not have an area like this. I know there is a C.I.C style briefing area beneath the bridge but it's hardly where you'd take visiting diplomats etc to discuss matters!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
thanks for the video
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
Nice video :-D

I think you did a better job if showcasing the bridge than mine. I focused on the overall.

I can't wait till we get the bridge itself ingame

My Odyssey Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HRKEhU4wvw
My first post on the boards; I'm seriously considering upgrading to the new Odyssey, and your two videos have helped sell me on the idea. I was going to make this to ask that the two rooms be moved down into the dark fore room, but this particular video changed my mind on it. At 0:47 you can see that the exterior is slightly bulbous forward, to include space for the rooms. The real visual issue then is the view out of the interior windows. Looking from outside, these windows should be the third window from the right I make it, and thus show the bulge of the hull rather than the square boxes of the room models.

I also wanted to thank this video author, because it shows an exterior paint scheme matching the interior, which I'd also thought about! But did either of you notice any difference between the current Odyssey exterior model and the +1 version? Being somewhat of a starship softie, I'd like to think if the models were identical, rather than scrap the free vessel I've been using since I hit 50, I could have taken her into spacedock and had her "refitted" to the new standard... but are they visually different ships? If so, I shall scrap a spare, unused shuttle instead.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
Okay, I actually really like that bridge. Yes, it is still way too big but all bridges share this issue. But other than that this is a very neat design, especially like the small room beneath the bridge. I imagine it as a tactical operations room or maybe the "elevate-able" battle bridge (on seperation, the stairway gets shut and the whole thing moves to the stardrive section). EDIT: on second thought, this doesn't work since there is no connection XD Oh, but maybe it is for the aux craft or something. Haven't decided yet. Isn't there a official function? :p

I also actually like the holographic LCARS panels, it feels like a logical evolution But please, PLEASE let us somehow choose which BOFF gets which station. It would really bite having this new, unique bridge and then having some gimp ensign sitting on the first officer's chair

Yeah, I'm finding myself wondering what that lower "bridge" area is supposed to be.

I do really love this bridge though. Cryptic did a nice job with it. It fits in the 25th century nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
*Thumbs up*

This makes up for the generic Odyssey bridge. Way.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM
They need to add some sort of control console next to the transporter. Looks odd by itself on that barren back wall.

Edit: The Captain and XO chairs need some sort of interface as well. In my opinion, the lower room and transporter would make more sense if they were swapped. Overall, I am a huge fan of the holographic displays. Wish they did the viewscreen the same way. I am in love with the bridge, but I probably wont be buying the +1 variants unless this will work on my other large starships. The novelty of flying the Odyssey wore off quickly for me. She just isn't as sexy as a Sovy or Gal-X to me.
Those holo displays would look awesome on the C-store Prometheus bridges.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Titler
I also wanted to thank this video author, because it shows an exterior paint scheme matching the interior, which I'd also thought about! But did either of you notice any difference between the current Odyssey exterior model and the +1 version? Being somewhat of a starship softie, I'd like to think if the models were identical, rather than scrap the free vessel I've been using since I hit 50, I could have taken her into spacedock and had her "refitted" to the new standard... but are they visually different ships? If so, I shall scrap a spare, unused shuttle instead.
I believe the +1 model is almost identical visually apart from a few changes at the aft of the vessel. One of the Odyssey +1 ships offers you an auxillary craft console and I could easily be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the model has been updated slightly to add this auxillary craft to the aft of the vessel. On page 26 of the link at the end of this post Captain Geko posts "These new ships have different costume than the base version. The parts are not interchangeable", so there will be some change between the +1 and the original models, no idea how much change tho.

Ship model aside the +1 Odyssey gets extra console slots, as well as a unique consoles as well, making it superior to the original free Odyssey currently availiable. There will be 3 Odyssey +1 variants, one for tactical, engineer and science, all of which come with a unique console (Saucer Seperation, Auxillary Craft or Worker Bee Repair Drones. If you purchase all 3 variants you can put all 3 consoles on a single +1 Odyssey, which lets you use all these abilities plus an extra 'console set' buff for equipping all 3.

The original Odyssey out will not be upgradable in anyway or have any of these new features, including the bridge in this video which is also only availiable on the +1 Odyssey, so if you're looking for a superior ship and don't mind having to buy it then you might want to clear up some ship slots. And I suspect not all this information is accurate since my memory isn't the best, feel free to read this thread which contains the specifics, courtesy of Captain Geko - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=72