Lt. Commander
# 1 Bortas Build Feedback
03-18-2012, 09:21 AM
My Build on stoacademy Skill Planner

I am a Klingon Tac flying the Bortas Tacitical (not properly represented atm since stoacademy doesn't have that ship type yet.

I am looking for feedback for this build I am tempted to make. It will be using 8 beam banks doing a constant circle-strafe for elite space STOs and some PvP. I am going primarily for shield tank with a little bit of hull healing for plasma damage. I'm pretty sure I'm toast the moment my shields go down.

Thank you in advance. Flame on.

I am currently using the full Borg Set, though I do also own the Omega Force and Honor Guard Sets. I sometimes try combinations, but never found one that worked. I am also looking to acquire the Aegis Set and have heard about the 2 Borg/2 Aegis set combi.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
For STFs you can take advantage of the heavy cannon mount.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Work in pregress
03-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi, I got the three piece and am in testing. I didn't like the cannon set up because once i over shot an enemy it took me 1/4 century to turn around. I decided to use a all turret set up with a torp in from and one mine launcher in back results were pretty good. with my jemmy boff and torp spread 3 the turrets rapid fire 3 cut a hole in the shield and the spread finished m off. when I over shot an enemy I still had 360 degree firing arc and the mines went off, then I hit manuvers at half speed to turn her around and boom more spread 3. well I hope that helps.
phoenix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Look to the Hilbert guide for ideas on how to build a decent cookie cutter beam boat.
http://denkbassin.de/sto/