Lt. Commander
# 11
03-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Interesting you say that because that is the Negh'var Klingon Cruiser BOFF layout.

I'd like to think that the people who fly the Galaxy R are doing it because they want a Galaxy with Saucer Seperation and not because they think it has an I win button.

I think what is needed is better saucer AI control or commands for it. If your saucer was actually useful it might make the ship more desirable. How about it being able to fire a Tachyon Beam?
the station setup isn't the only problem. the negvar with it's 3rd tactical console outguns the galaxy by default, and it can literally fly circles around it with it's base turn rate being 3 point higher. as skills and abilities raise your turn rate, you will notice they are on a upward sloping scale, any small increase in base turn rate can pay off big time after all the bonuses are applied. low base turn ships are at an even greater disadvantage because of this. a decent turn rate on a cruiser helps your sanity more then anything, its the least importent cruiser atribute, but it can cost your or your team mates life every once in a wile. on top of all that it can also cloak, effectively use cannons in pve, all for the cost of 1 device slot.

the saucer pet has got to be the most irreverent thing in game, or was before it could use AMS. the only thing that maters as a result of the separation is how well your ship now turns, it doesn't do a thing to help you deal damage, just screws up your energy levels. you can maneuver beater to heal those that need it, but its more their job to stick close to you if they want heals.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2012, 12:42 AM
gotta echo the above. While my negvar shares the same boffs the ships similarity in actual performance ends there. My neg can do 20degree per sec full time without wasting 4 consoles on RCS. Galaxy can get maybe 14 or so by sacing all 4 consoles for RCS.

My neg can melt ships with its 3 tac consoles. Galaxy struggles to do decent dmg in non sep mode. Neg can survive much better with its faster speed and turnrate, galaxy tends to have to rely heavy on heals and epts3.

Galaxy shouldnt have to count on its seperation to be decent, especially with it having a 5min cooldown that is triggered on your death reguardless. Seperation needs to be toggle, there is no over poweredness in that unlike the intrepid being able to shield itself at will.

Galaxy needs a uni boff slot to regain some dps if it doesnt get a 3rd tac/uni console. This game is centered around doing dmg, we all see it in STF/PVP/Fleet actions. Im a huge fan of the galaxy but the low turnrates on some of these cruisers is a serious drag on their effectiveness. Excel/Neg show how defecient that really is.

And the eng powers need some work, 4 of 5 ens eng power share global cooldown. 3 ens eng is virtual waste unlike 3 tac or sci ens which can be benificial even at higher lvls. They need to either add some eng powers or only link 2 EP abilities like Weapons - > Shields and Aux - > Engines. That would atleast lower the pain of them some. Though i dont really want to see people running emergancy power to weapons and engines at same time. Perhaps just lower the global some.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2012, 12:51 AM
I've tested the Oddy in the most recent FE on elite...

Re-runs will be done in my Galaxy-R
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2012, 04:38 AM
galaxy is very underpowered for a ship of its scope. Make no doubts about it its a battleship in all but name when put into service by the federation in the 2360's it had the most advances systems, most powerful phaser arrays ever put on a starship at that point and had a burst fire torp tubes. This ship was meant to be the pride of the federation and work independently or be the command ship of a any fleet/task force. Yes this timeline is now 2409 49 years on however the size of the space frame would allow this ship to have a long life span and upgrade/refit cycle.

the ship requires this boff layout to complete with the excelsior/sovereign

lt tactical
esgn tactical
cmd engineer
lt cmd engineer
lt science

console slots
4 engineer
2 science
3 tactical

this is similar to the galaxy-x but the gal-x gets the cannons and lance as the deal breaker between the 2 ships. Although i'd accept the loss of cannons on the galaxy-x for a lt cmd tactical slot so torp spread or thy 3 can be used.

I love the Galaxy but cant take her into a elite stf action without running her as a beam boat. cool down times with the lt tactical are too much to really use torp spreads.

I would accept only one of my suggestions if cryptic were willing to make changes, and that is increasing the tactical consoles to 3 to put her weapons power up to the same level as other cruisers using 3 tactical consoles.

Come on Cryptic and Perfect World show the Galaxy the same love and respect that the fans do.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-13-2012, 06:31 AM
You guys all realize Geko has stated that no old ships will be improved. That he's running out of options on how to design new ship layouts. And that he's not going back to tweak the old ones.

That's your designer folks. Out of ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You guys all realize Geko has stated that no old ships will be improved. That he's running out of options on how to design new ship layouts. And that he's not going back to tweak the old ones.

Of course using the ideas that are left on old ships prevents them from making money by using them on new ships.....
Same reason older iPhones won't reveive upgraded functionality like SIRI from Apple or many other newer mostly software related improvements on other products...

It's business...

Really, even though we are dealing with virtual items here they suffer a value reduction over time, some more then others...

My only problem with this is, that they don't adjust the prices for the older weaker items in the store accordingly...

And that at the moment the newest best is the only option with absolutely no alternatives and variations in style...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:

He could always browse the forums for them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
He could always browse the forums for them.
He could. He absolutely could. I'm not really convinced he will. But he could.

Lt. Commander
# 19
03-13-2012, 07:45 AM
The saddest thing is that we are talking about the legendary Galaxy here. And it's such a joke
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:

Link?

I seem to remember Al Rivera or one of the devs mentioning plans for a potential plus one Sov, "at some point," and also saying that the door wasn't completely closed on a tier 5 Akira.

Ironically I can't remember where I saw that on the forums recently but I 'll update this if I can find a link.

Moving on though, I feel your pain. With the Oddy coming and hell even with the excelsior out, it's been harder and harder justifying flying the Assault cruiser. I feel especially bad for the Star cruiser lovers as that ship has been made wholly irrelevant by the anniversary Odd and the cstore one will overshadow it even further.