03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
I'd almost say give the Galaxy R a
Engineer Comm
Science LT Comm
Tactical LT Comm
and be done with it.
If they made it good and unique, inspite of having one as my VA token ship from long ago, I'd probably buy it so I had it account wide.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Me too. I like both the new skins for them.
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
hmm, occurred to me that Logan never got a chance to get the venture costume on the nebula, a shame. hope jamjamz is up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
why not make the galaxy r into a tier 6 ship when we have them lol just add some stuff to it like more foward and aft weapons some more tac eng sci console slots and we are done
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-18-2012, 06:39 PM
the gal R and Oddy O have a seperate nice which makes gal R very viable in STF's they are the only

crusiers that can use eject warp plasma to devistating effect and lay down a excellent smoke screen and

really saves the day in some cases and that added mobility means its more nimble and can use torps and

other items more often with devistating effect and the power lost can be mitigated as an engie. and i don't

see the BOFF layout as restrictive it is not in my opinion it gives the stardrive a chance to tank hits and not

only that the saucer can be an asset with saucer seap it gains some of the consoles you use like

antimatter spread. the gal R and Oddy O are my crusiers of choice for engineers and other captains if i

use crusiers.
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I have to agree that right now, the Gal-R is obsolete at the moment. The Odyssey Operations does everything the Gal-R can, but better. The only niche the Gal-R has is sitting in someone's drydock, flipping its long black locks Emo-like while contemplating how "life is paaaaaaainnnnn"..
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Since the Galaxy X is getting saucer separation. I don't see why the Galaxy R can't use cloak I mean ithe Enterprise D used cloak in that one episode and pretty sure they can install a cloaking system on the Galaxy R and give it something that stands out against the Galaxy X or the Odyssey so that more people will spend c points in buying one. The only reason why no one buys a Galaxy R is because of how its overshadowed by the other crusiers.