Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
While there is no stated evidence that I am aware of, I believe the uniforms in the STO universe have completely eliminated the command color distinction. In this timeline, red represents security and tactical, not command.
True of the default color for Tacs, but as you stated, with the Tailor options, it could be purple for all the player cares.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I just wear black all the time because all the episode content in STO always involves away team commando missions.

Red is not a good colour choice when ambushing Klingons because it just shouts SNIPER AIM HERE
Red is good because it hides most humanoid blood.... except for those andorians they wear blue but for the smae reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Well, Vice Admiral Toddman in season three of DS9 was wearing a gold uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-13-2012, 03:33 AM
Here's my take:

Ugly players wear blue for their toon, Beautiful people wear white, Ugly beautiful people wear black and Beautiful ugly people wear red.

Yes it is player based not toons

and oh there is no such thing as beautiful man so we male MUST wear blue and banned from the game..except me because who's going to be thbejudge otherwise..
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDarter
Red is good because it hides most humanoid blood.... except for those andorians they wear blue but for the smae reasons.
I guess klingons need to wear pink uniforms then.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Of course if you like the proper original TOS color schemes, it's

Command/Operations: Gold
Engineering/Security: Red (hence the term 'Redfshirt')
Science/Medical: Blue

In my color schemes for my characters, we switched back to the TOS standards. In fact, our command color is a darker gold. With Operations being the more standard gold. To offset my admiral and my first officer from my navigator.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Here's my take:

Ugly players wear blue for their toon, Beautiful people wear white, Ugly beautiful people wear black and Beautiful ugly people wear red.
I wear blue only because my toon is a sciencer. =P
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-13-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Here's my take:

Yes it is player based not toons

and oh there is no such thing as beautiful man so we male MUST wear blue and banned from the game..except me because who's going to be thbejudge otherwise..
I'm wearing an orange shirt right now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I've given my toon a red uniform, even though she's an Engineer by trade, for precisely that reason.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-13-2012, 06:51 AM
My toon is a scientist too but have to admit, once he was promoted to Captain I switched his uniform from blue to red. And he wears the 'All good things' uniform.