Lt. Commander
# 1 Why Borg why??
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
I have noticed that Borg cubes are trying to move as if they are normal ships tilting as they turn. i dont remember this happening the last time i went up against the Borg is this a bug please say yes because if its not whoever put it in is an idiot
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
They've adapted :p

I noticed this too, its kind of funny actually.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2012, 09:52 AM
i hate this significantly. borg ships almost always turn on their center axis, its only times where a significant sudden and fast course change is needed is where the ship goes off it's axis to turn.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
I have noticed that Borg cubes are trying to move as if they are normal ships tilting as they turn. i dont remember this happening the last time i went up against the Borg is this a bug please say yes because if its not whoever put it in is an idiot
It has changed since they last updated the game the other night. I been doing the kerrat daily to earn dilithium and I noticed it after the release of the update.

I mentioned it in the topic about the zoom being changed but no one noticed it. I should have started a topic like this but figured it would quickly turn into a blaim match like that.

In the end it is kind of idiotic to have ships do things that they never did in the tv series or movies. But it takes all kinds and I wouldnt be suprised if theres devs working on this that arent real star trek fans.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Definitely going to check this out, for the funny...

Though I completely agree it's just wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2012, 10:54 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm starting to think that they hired a new dev that knows NOTHING about Star Trek and was given freedom to make random "fixes" in the game. It would explain why we are getting these random and unneeded changes recently. IE this and the zoom issue.

I hope we can get some word on this too. At this rate we'll soon be flying in pink starships and shooting tribbles... oh wait.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2012, 01:14 PM
It's probably a bug. I've done a number of STFs since the patch, and it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

I've seen it happen before the patch, too, just not as often. In fact, exactly twice at the end of Infected Space, the Transwarp Gate started moving around, facing whoever it was attacking.

Something in the patch exacerbated an existing bug, that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2012, 01:15 PM
That's what happens when all the borg drones run to one side of the cube
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius1 View Post
I'm starting to think that they hired a new dev that knows NOTHING about Star Trek and was given freedom to make random "fixes" in the game. It would explain why we are getting these random and unneeded changes recently. IE this and the zoom issue.
Star Trek has a long history of specific camera zooms?