Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I have no idea if the art is Cryptic or Perpetual, I have no clue if it's pre or post launch. What I do know is that it looks awesome and I would LOVE to make 1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
So I came across some art that shows a Nausican female.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D.../concept15.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-c.../concept16.jpg

Why hasn't this happened. It would be awesome!
NIGHTMARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MingTran
correct me if I'm wrong, but the only humaniod race in ST canon that don't have females are Jem'Hadar, so there are no reasons why there are no Nausicaans females, or in the same case Gorn
Well, that brings to mind the debate that was brought up ages ago.. surrounding the Saurian Females... having breasts. Reptiles don't nurse their young.. why do the saurian females have mammary glands??

Hmmmm?

Jolan'tru
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
Well, that brings to mind the debate that was brought up ages ago.. surrounding the Saurian Females... having breasts. Reptiles don't nurse their young.. why do the saurian females have mammary glands??

Hmmmm?

Jolan'tru
Well, there are a few theories to explain that, the most obvious would be the fact that most humanoids were seeded by the Preservers, the main reason why most aliens look human and why 2 species that evolved on differant planets can have a child togathers. My guess why the fossil record on earth seems to show humans evolving naturly is because the Preservers may have experimented on the local wildlife.

Or

If we look in Earth's fossil record, before the Dinosaurs ruled the earth, there were types of animals that are believed to be the evolutionary link between Reptiles and Mamals. so maybe on another planet evolution may have taken a differant path from similar species.
Lt. Commander
# 15 awesome
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
i like them.. look great.. it would be nice to see them in game
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Now that's one female I will NEVER stalk
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2012, 11:00 PM
In consideration of first image displaying three (from left to right):

My ex-wife as she actually appeared.
My ex-wife as I saw her through rose colored glasses.
My ex-wife as she acted leading up to the divorce.

Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek

Hmmmm?

Jolan'tru
And mammals don't lay eggs...
Unless they do.

How do you know they lay eggs and don't bear live young?
Or nurse them once they are hatched?

And though they appear to have breasts, they may not have any mammary glands, there could be some other purpose to their body shape.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2012, 11:28 PM
The breasts are probably the actual reason why we don't have Nausicaan, Gorn or Lethian females in game. It would require the character artists to create "bare skin assets" for those models so they could have cleavage like the other females.

We didn't have female TOS or Mirror Universe costumes for some time after launch because none of the fed females had a bust created for them. It took a campaign from players on the forums to get them to do it.

They would end up having to do this again for Nausicaan, Gorn and Lethian females. Something they would rather not spend time doing unless it was paid for in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Suggesting content for the KDF?

Keep Dreamin Fool.