Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Just to clarify, this doesn't affect friendly or neutral npc groups, right? That would be bad.

It only affects individual npc contacts, yes?
Kirkfat -- it should only affect contacts. If you find otherwise, please let me or @farktoid5000 know ASAP.
(You can reply here and/or send one of us a PM.)

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Nothing was changed in the data. This was a tooltip description text change only. They now more clearly reflect the actual effects that the consoles have on your ship.
That is wrong, before the change the text clearly reflected the actual effects. Now the text is wrong and does not reflect the actual effects. Those consoles boost all kinetic damage. Many torpedo boats use them with mines and torpedoes. I just checked and the consoles even on tribble still boost mines and torpedoes. So the new text is now wrong. There was a console rebalance a while back (over a year?) and these consoles where changed to boost all all kinetic damage which is what they do. So please revert the text back to how it was.

Plus changeing the consoles to only work on torpedoes is a massive and I feel unfair nerf. The main point of the console was to allow us to use diffrent weapon systems. At least that was what we got told was the reason for the old change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Further investigation into the Tactical console issue, based on the feedback from this thread, has resulted in uncovering several data discrepancies. We're going to try and revert the changes contained in this patch, and hold off on a change until we've given a more in-depth review.

Here's the gist of it: The tooltip fix that went to Tribble was technically a correct course of action, based on the data that these consoles contain. However, as it turns out, these consoles are not working as designed, or as indicated by their internal data. So now we have to decide whether to correct the data to function as originally designed, or accept and support their current unintended functionality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44 Odyssey Feedback
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I came across a red alert and decided to test just my ody with that mission, would this be considered op if I managed to get 3 1/2 Borg fleets eliminated with all 3 special ody consoles on? Because with other ship usually you would die too many times to destroy that many fleets (2 fleets of spears and probes ; 1 fleet of cube, sphere and probes and 1/2 fleet of cube sphere and probes)??? :S
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Nothing was changed in the data. This was a tooltip description text change only. They now more clearly reflect the actual effects that the consoles have on your ship.
I do agree with the equality sentiment. There's absolutely no reason to use the generic consoles. The lack of damage output does not equal to any gain you might have in different procs at your disposal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Further investigation into the Tactical console issue, based on the feedback from this thread, has resulted in uncovering several data discrepancies. We're going to try and revert the changes contained in this patch, and hold off on a change until we've given a more in-depth review.

Here's the gist of it: The tooltip fix that went to Tribble was technically a correct course of action, based on the data that these consoles contain. However, as it turns out, these consoles are not working as designed, or as indicated by their internal data. So now we have to decide whether to correct the data to function as originally designed, or accept and support their current unintended functionality.
If I may make the suggestion support the current functionality. These have been broken for awhile many player builds and lots of content has been deployed with the current unintended functionality. Logically it would be best to correct the tool tips and move forward from this point right now but that is just my opinion mind you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfreddie
I came across a red alert and decided to test just my ody with that mission, would this be considered op if I managed to get 3 1/2 Borg fleets eliminated with all 3 special ody consoles on? Because with other ship usually you would die too many times to destroy that many fleets (2 fleets of spears and probes ; 1 fleet of cube, sphere and probes and 1/2 fleet of cube sphere and probes)??? :S
I would not consider this overpowered Ive been capable of taking on entire fleets with various cruisers since red-alerts came out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
On your own?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
First off i am very impressed at how they have turned out. I expected massively overpowered monsters but they are not from what i can tell i have tired striping them down and using different consoles rather than the ones given and i dont think it is overpowered.
the saucer sep is good had no issues with that and i love the turn rate after i feel like i just lost half my ship which i have.
the worker bees are fine no issues i love how small they are. to me they just look like dots around my ship.
the escort is fine seems to fly a bit to close to my ship if your not in combat and there doesnt seem to be a reintegration animation. if it doesnt have one then that just sucks if it does its not working for me.

Again very impressed i like it a lot i just await pricing now to see if my poor poor bank account can handle the extra strain
i plan on doing a PVP run with it sometime soon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Further investigation into the Tactical console issue, based on the feedback from this thread, has resulted in uncovering several data discrepancies. We're going to try and revert the changes contained in this patch, and hold off on a change until we've given a more in-depth review.

Here's the gist of it: The tooltip fix that went to Tribble was technically a correct course of action, based on the data that these consoles contain. However, as it turns out, these consoles are not working as designed, or as indicated by their internal data. So now we have to decide whether to correct the data to function as originally designed, or accept and support their current unintended functionality.
could you just make the beam and cannon consoles provide the same bonus as the specific energy consoles again? that way those that enter stfs with rainbow weapons wont be quite so USELESS.

what does your internal data say about the usage of the subsystem energy engineering consoles? does it say no one uses them any more? i cant imagine anyone would with their worthless cut in half bonus. PLEASE revert them back
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.