Lt. Commander
# 1 Combat cloak
03-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Well i donīt know if someone experienced this situation or maybe have a problem the way combat cloak is working, but i guess is not working properly, why? well the main issue is that you are going to be hited by torps and energy weapons even cloaked if the enemy fires them before you cloak, is this realistic? , i guess not, why the torps and energy weapons should still hit you when you cloak? they should follow a straight line after you cloak and the only chance of they to hit you is; if you remain in the same place or following the current direction of the torp/energy shot.

Since you cloak you also mask your energy signature making the energy and torpedos unable to reach the potential difference that makes them target you only ships equipped with anygiven version of a ionized gas sensor should be able to still targeting and make torpedos and maybe energy weapons still chasing you after cloaking.

Actually all ships behaves like all were equipped with IGS.

Is not good to be destroyed by a enemy that is at more of 10k because he fires a HYIII just at the moment you cloak or get hit by a cube in STF being at 9,70k and cloak then get hit 15 seconds later cloaked ( hapens to me loot of times).

So if you guys feel like im right would be nice to make this issue addressed to devs and properly fixed by them, otherwhise would be also nice to listen your feedback about this and what you feel about how it works, or maybe im doing something wrong and you can explain me what i have to do to fix it .

P.S. Sorry if i did any gramatic or bad spelling word im not english speaker but try to do the best .
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, but I would like to point out that "cloack" is spelled cloak. Usually the red squiggly line indicates that you misspelled something. Right click the word and a list of words will pop up often times containing the correct spelling.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Its always worked that way. Once your targeted and the torpedos are on their way and you decide to cloak they are still gonna come for you
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2012, 05:43 AM
I always though they said this had to do with the game performing multiple calculations to determine a hit, miss, severity, etc before the animation completes. Basically, the game has decided you were dead before it decided to tell you, lol. I'm not sure how all of this relates to lag but I'm sure any more of a real time calculation would strain the hell out of servers. Maybe someone with a better technical understanding will explain it better for us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I don't have an answer to your question, but I would like to point out that "cloack" is spelled cloak. Usually the red squiggly line indicates that you misspelled something. Right click the word and a list of words will pop up often times containing the correct spelling.
Yes, sorry for that, is because i tend to write as it sounds in my lenguage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I always though they said this had to do with the game performing multiple calculations to determine a hit, miss, severity, etc before the animation completes. Basically, the game has decided you were dead before it decided to tell you, lol. I'm not sure how all of this relates to lag but I'm sure any more of a real time calculation would strain the hell out of servers. Maybe someone with a better technical understanding will explain it better for us.

Indeed i noticed that, i was destroyed more than once before the torp giving the coup de grace arrives i saw it coming while performing the destroying animation.

So then i guess is targeting and damage calculation issue or maybe a bad coded system at all, but not impossible to resolve simply adding a couple of code lines like once you cloack all previous calculations have to be reset denaying the damage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2012, 10:32 AM
This never happened in Star Trek movies or shows without specific modifications to the torpedo itself as in Star Trek VI (Doctor would you care to assist me in performing surgery on a torpedo? Fascinating.), or an elaborate tech solution such as the tachyon detection grid as seen in TNG's Redemption, Part 2, or internal sabotage as seen in TNG's Face of the Enemy. For those about to mention the instances where the Defiant cloak failed in combat: "Because of the amount of power the Defiant used, the cloak did not completely hide the ship from Jem'Hadar sensors during normal operation." (Memory Alpha; DS9: "The Search, Part I") Every time a ship cloaked the target lock would be lost and the energy weapons discharge and torpedos would speed harmlessly off into space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Is what i mean, this should be corrected it makes battle cloak unusefull in to many situations and makes BoP even more preys than hunters since there are many powers that can drop you out cloak or make you unable to cloak would be nice that cloak works as in movies.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
wheb cloaking under fire you must always have your hull resists up and going as full tilt as possible.
the game mechanics do the calculations of hit or miss at the moment of firing I think and thats why some attacks follow you while cloaked. Bieng on high resists solves that issue of dying after cloaked most times.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Bieng on high resists solves that issue of dying after cloaked most times.
yes most times that they are not in cooldown .

There may be a way to solve this issue by code and prolly is a simple way, i mean if there was a solution to
this would you like guys that it were implemented?.