Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
It's obviously OP and it's been designed to be that way. It's pretty obvious that Cryptic doesn't want feedback.

As one of the top PvPers in the game I can tell you right now that sensor analysis on a cruiser is a terrible idea. It might make sense if you had to pay a weapons slot to get it, but as it stands the science variant makes absolutely no sacrifices for it. Every other top PvPer in TSI or Pandas will tell you the same thing.
This.
Maybe beside that I'm not a "Top" pvpler... or better was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Obviously a C-Store ship can and should be better than freebies if you dont invest in the game you have to struggle with the base level ships. Thats life. Nothing is free.
No.
Until recently ships sold very well in c-store WITHOUT beeing stronger then the regular ones. Just diffrent. People bought them anyway.

If you want to pay for an advantadge buy console ships (bad enough but I can live with that).

Introducing significantly stronger ships simply takes the choice away.
Before you could (at least among the t5s) pick your favorite ship and didnt have a disadvantagde.

Now... if you want to win, take the Odysee, at least among cruisers.
Not the Souvereign some of us love, not the excelsior or the Galaxy X or R we ALREADY PAYED FOR.
Nope, you can delete all those, there is only ONE cruiser right now. And THAT sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
There's still the idea out there that the C Store is supposed to be for fluff and appearance, not pay to win. Regardless of how that's not been true for a while, pay to win is NOT a good thing.
Anything that gives me good new and fun ships to fly is good for me. Im not a PVP player so balance and all that is meaningless to me I play STF's and regular missions myself.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I posted this in the bortaSqu thread and will post it here as well ....

What is really irritating is calling for nerfs BEFORE field testing a ship or item.

Just because you believe an item MIGHT be OP doesn't mean it will be.

Test first, then evaluate objectively.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
These will be the most powerful cruiser type in the game by virtue of one extra console slot and universal boff stations. Going from 4 to 5 tac slots would grant me a total 6% DPS boost, 4 to 5 engineering slots about a 9% EHP boost, and I'm not touching sensor analysis with a ten foot pole (if that makes it live then I know for a fact they either don't care about balance or have no clue about it). The only sacrifice they make is a pathetic turn rate which makes them unfun for most, but has little to no effect on their power as turn rate is relative anyway.

The only question then becomes is a slightly overpowered cruiser strong than the other ship types, and just how much overpoweredness (is that word?) is acceptable within STO. But without a doubt there is no longer any reason to fly any cruiser other than the flagships if you can live with a bad turn rate.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R

What is really irritating is calling for nerfs BEFORE field testing a ship or item.

Please. People didn't wait till the B'rel Retrofit was on Tribble before *screaming* for a nerf. They started when the specifics of it were posted. Why would you think people would wait to actually test something before screaming that it's OP at this time?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreael
These will be the most powerful cruiser type in the game by virtue of one extra console slot and universal boff stations. Going from 4 to 5 tac slots would grant me a total 6% DPS boost, 4 to 5 engineering slots about a 9% EHP boost, and I'm not touching sensor analysis with a ten foot pole (if that makes it live then I know for a fact they either don't care about balance or have no clue about it). The only sacrifice they make is a pathetic turn rate which makes them unfun for most, but has little to no effect on their power as turn rate is relative anyway.

The only question then becomes is a slightly overpowered cruiser strong than the other ship types, and just how much overpoweredness (is that word?) is acceptable within STO. But without a doubt there is no longer any reason to fly any cruiser other than the flagships if you can live with a bad turn rate.
except that the sensor version can get an extra 33% damage., sure turning is slow, beam arrays with an extra 33% damaage will make up for that. or take turrets instead and the extra 33% damage will make it like normal beams are hitting you from any direction.

see the problem?

Quote:

my poiint was that reguardless of whatever testing we do they dont listen.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
the real irony is cryptic pretending to want feedback when all they are going to do is ignore it.
What are you talking about? They change ships because of feedback all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreael

Bout time we got flagships worthy of being called flagships.

Seriously .... test them before you trash them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Please. People didn't wait till the B'rel Retrofit was on Tribble before *screaming* for a nerf. They started when the specifics of it were posted. Why would you think people would wait to actually test something before screaming that it's OP at this time?
keep in mind that the brel was nerfed too greatly and has had some major issues with it since. there is a find balance between being nerfed all to hell and still having a place.

the major concern that is being expressed here is that no cruiser in the game should have sensor analysis. its restricted to science ships for a reason, and these ships completely ignore that reason (applies to the science versons of the bortas and the odessy)
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:

Well first: you are not here since yesterday too.

After 2 years of experience in that game we all have some knowledge and now how to interpretate given stats when we see them.

Also: The officially statet this ship would be stronger then the others, so whats there to test about?
Its DESIGNED to be superior.
Closed Thread