Lt. Commander
Please post your comments, concerns, bugs, and suggestions about any of the Bortasqu' variants here.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=260510
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
It's obviously OP and it's been designed to be that way. It's pretty obvious that Cryptic doesn't want feedback.

As one of the top PvPers in the game I can tell you right now that sensor analysis on a cruiser is a terrible idea. It might make sense if you had to pay a weapons slot to get it, but as it stands the science variant makes absolutely no sacrifices for it. Every other top PvPer in TSI or Pandas will tell you the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
It's obviously OP and it's been designed to be that way. It's pretty obvious that Cryptic doesn't want feedback.

As one of the top PvPers in the game I can tell you right now that sensor analysis on a cruiser is a terrible idea. It might make sense if you had to pay a weapons slot to get it, but as it stands the science variant makes absolutely no sacrifices for it. Every other top PvPer in TSI or Pandas will tell you the same thing.
You posted exactly the same thing in the Odyssey topic give it up already
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
I agree with you completely and second this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
The quest for balance is neverending.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
The quest for balance is neverending.
What is really irritating is calling for nerfs BEFORE field testing a ship or item.

Just because you believe an item MIGHT be OP doesn't mean it will be.

Test first, then evaluate objectively.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
What is really irritating is calling for nerfs BEFORE field testing a ship or item.

Just because you believe an item MIGHT be OP doesn't mean it will be.

Test first, then evaluate objectively.
I think he tested it through osmosis of the patch download because...

"As one of the top PvPers in the game I can tell you right now"

Must have super powers of osmosis I guess.... Puts people on top when you have a super power like that.

I wish I had something like that to put me in the top rankings... I'll never win So sad...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I think he tested it through osmosis of the patch download because...

"As one of the top PvPers in the game I can tell you right now"

Must have super powers of osmosis I guess.... Puts people on top when you have a super power like that.

I wish I had something like that to put me in the top rankings... I'll never win So sad...
i like to think its actually simple math on this.
here you go ill lay out his concern for you-

ship1
ship2
ship3

ship1 does an extra 6% damage, ship2 recieves 6% less damage, ship 3 does an extra 33% damage,

see?

our concerns are real from simple math. sensor anyalisis allows the firer to do up to 33% extra damage to a target just by having him targeted.

see why now we're concerend? even when compaired to their own other varients they completely outshine their own counterparts.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
If you go to warp, the BOP in the back of the Bortas are open his wings into the hull of the Main-Ship.

All 3 Ships have the same consol-places (only one science on every ship and 5(!!!!) tactical? Is that good for balance? :/

The Warp-In and Warp-Out animation is too close on the ship...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunari
All 3 Ships have the same consol-places (only one science on every ship and 5(!!!!) tactical? Is that good for balance? :/
The ENG one is fine, it's got 5 engineering console slots. The sci one on the other hand has the same console layout as the tac variant, i.e. 5 tac, 1 sci.