Lt. Commander
# 1 Extend FE to the 31st!
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Hello every one! The 2800 Featured episode was going to run with the current rewards until the 22nd, after which I am unsure what will happen! Possibly we won't see those same rewards return for some time, or the episodes might not even be available for awhile! With all the unexpected server crashes and such this is my official petition to extend the FE to the 31st!

If you agree just post +1 or quote me

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 09:26 PM
First, after the 19th (I believe), the only difference is that the Shard of Possibilities will not be available. Everything else, including the missions themselves, will still be available, it's only the limited time reward that will be unobtainable (at least until the next rerun weekend)

Second, well, there is no second. Just l2r before spreading doom and gloom on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
First, after the 19th (I believe), the only difference is that the Shard of Possibilities will not be available. Everything else, including the missions themselves, will still be available, it's only the limited time reward that will be unobtainable (at least until the next rerun weekend)

Second, well, there is no second. Just l2r before spreading doom and gloom on the forums
Well based on previous FE's you can no longer get the Breen Boff, so who knows exactly what items might not be available or changed to after the 22nd. And as you and I are not cryptic employees there is a REAL possibility that the all of the Set Items might be replaced with Uncommon or Rare verions of the rewards (deflectors, shield arrays, polaron weapons etc). I'm simply stating that the possibility of the items might go away after the 22nd (which is the calender run date indicated in game).

Finally "learn to spell" proper sentance structure isn't hard. I'm not spreading doom and gloom I'm pointing out that they HAVE offered limited rewards for FE's if you participate in them during a certain time frame in the past. And with the unexpected server crashes some people might have had only those hours during the server crash to play the game. so by extending it a short while longer isn't exactly ground breaking- like the people begging for a Galor because of the server crashes, thats just outright nonsense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
It is true that the previous FE's have had their 'special' rewards removed after a couple of weeks after final FE release. The Romulan one had a Reman BO (limited time reward) but the shield is still available as well as a pretty decent engine for lowbies. During Deferi FE we picked up a Breen BO (limited time reward) but the ship parts are still available as part of the FE. The Devidian FE saw a nice Ophidian Cane (limited time) but those missions are still full of goodies that can last well into end game.

It is also true that at some point we have been able to play all of these missions with the limited time rewards put back in for those that missed it. Therefore, it seems to me that missing out on the limited time rewards for the Jem'hadar series just means you might have to wait for it to come around again.

And besides the downtime was only a couple of hours. This to me does not justify a weeks extension. I have multiple toons that have missed some or all of the FE's special rewards, doesn't affect my gameplay one bit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkit13
Well based on previous FE's you can no longer get the Breen Boff, so who knows exactly what items might not be available or changed to after the 22nd. And as you and I are not cryptic employees there is a REAL possibility that the all of the Set Items might be replaced with Uncommon or Rare verions of the rewards (deflectors, shield arrays, polaron weapons etc). I'm simply stating that the possibility of the items might go away after the 22nd (which is the calender run date indicated in game).

Finally "learn to spell" proper sentance structure isn't hard. I'm not spreading doom and gloom I'm pointing out that they HAVE offered limited rewards for FE's if you participate in them during a certain time frame in the past. And with the unexpected server crashes some people might have had only those hours during the server crash to play the game. so by extending it a short while longer isn't exactly ground breaking- like the people begging for a Galor because of the server crashes, thats just outright nonsense.
The ONLY thing that will happen is that the shard will be gone. Everything else will stay the same. It's been that way w/ every single other FE so I see no reason why this on would be different. It's also quite likely we will see the shard again if they do another FE rerun period as they have done in the past. I think 10 days is PLENTY of time to complete the series, crashes and all, I should now I have 15 characters to run it w/.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvack View Post
And besides the downtime was only a couple of hours. This to me does not justify a weeks extension. I have multiple toons that have missed some or all of the FE's special rewards, doesn't affect my gameplay one bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
I think 10 days is PLENTY of time to complete the series, crashes and all, I should now I have 15 characters to run it w/.
Plenty of time is relevent to how many hours one has available to play. Some cannot play more than a few hours every few days- others a few hours a week. I have already read on the server down time post of one person (because of age and parents) only allow him to play 2 hours on the weekend, the time he was allowed to play was already during the unexpected server down time.

You can say 'sucks to be him/her' and indeed it does but my point being is that there ARE players who have missed out on the FE due to unexpected downtime because THIER available hours to play the game were DURING those hours of unexpected down time. I am merely giving those players with those limitations a voice.

If you do not agree with me then you obviously have enough time to play this game or play it so much you don't do much outside of STO Otherwise Congrats to those that have the FE items they want, to those that need more time and were affected during the down times I hope you get yours soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Plenty of time is relevent to how many hours one has available to play. Some cannot play more than a few hours every few days- others a few hours a week

If you do not agree with me then you obviously have enough time to play this game or play it so much you don't do much outside of STO Otherwise Congrats to those that have the FE items they want, to those that need more time and were affected during the down times I hope you get yours soon.
A few hours a week is all it takes ... pretty sure you can do all 5 of them in less than 2-3hours ....

PS : Spend less time checking Grammar in an MMO-Forum, and play the damn missions
PPS : Complaining about not having enough time ... and then spend time on the Forums to complain about it, is kind of silly (from 7 till 10PM btw)
Quote:
you don't do much outside of STO
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
A few hours a week is all it takes ... pretty sure you can do all 5 of them in less than 2-3hours ....
Someone who's competent yes- can complete each mission in 15-20 minutes or so if you skip ALL the dialoge, don't bother reading any of it, and know exactly what to do. First time around though each one takes around 30 or more minutes, especially if you want to read into the dialogue, explore a bit, and maybe even just look around the scenery a bit. I know I did in "Boldly They Rode" because I just liked the whole space walking thing and just giving me a true scale of how small I am compared to DS9, and how much more of DS9 there can be to explore =D

Also I really don't like to say this- but some people really do have a hard time with these missions. And I remembered one person took a couple hours almost because they couldn't figure out how to do the 'puzzle' elements in "Boldly They Rode". I don't like making exceptions or allowances for, dare I say- stupidity. But beyond that there are people who in all honesty might lose out entirely because they also other long term real life circumstances for people who can't exactly get on for a week or two.

That was my case when I was assigned project lead for a new prototype product and spend nearly 3 weeks 12-16 hour days finishing a working prototype in a span that should have been allowed at least 3 months. And during that time I did miss quite a few MMO events in several MMO's that I played at the time.

All I'm saying is for those people who could not play STO during Unexpected down time during those hours they had to play and only those hours (yes I know rehtorical by now yes?) And cannot play on other days- C'mon there are people who only play weekends and even then only a couple hours or so. And that haven't finished the FE yet deserve it.

Its not like I'm entirely asking for some of the ridiculous things I've seen floating around regarding 'player compensation' for the server crashes, like a free Galor, Cpoints, among other things. Extending the FE for those players were affected by the crashes is more than fair on cryptic/pwe's part. And its not exactly costing them much by having it go on for another 9 days- Even 6 days (the number of sudden crashes this month alone, not counting feb) is more than fair for those players.

Any way I think I've argued my point on extending the FE more than enough and my point is valid and sound. Again if you agree to this post a +1 or quote my original post.

-dev out
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Wait for the re-run....

/solved

One this is clear about cryptic: Nothing is unique, rare, exclusive...

If you cant get it for free ingame, you can get it for bucks in-store.. If it is not in the store yet, wait for it... It'll be there soon enough.

Eventually theres gonna be a re-run of all the FE's... Don't worry about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Well based on previous FE's you can no longer get the Breen Boff, so who knows exactly what items might not be available or changed to after the 22nd.
They removed the special reward. For the Breen FE that was the BOFF. For this FE, it's the shard.

Every other reward will still be there. And the mission will still be there. The only thing that is limited is the shard.