Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree. As nice as some elements were (a spacewalk, some kind of "peaceful" missions), the actual STORY arc was really dumb. In addition to everything already posted I want to add the ending of the series. The ending is... absolutely nothing. Suddenly we are all friends, "do you remember when we took DS9 and killed hundreds of your people in a pointless skirmish? Yeah, good times."
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
The Jem'Hadar officer might be a roundabout way for the Dominion to apologize without actually admitting they goofed.

As for the Vorta Loriss, she seems to be a typical specimen of her race. Disposable drama queens and suckups, one and all.

I for one felt no guilt about butchering that Ferengi in Operation Gamma or the rioters in Facility 4028. They brought it on themselves. Frankly ISIS should have an automatic "gas affected sections" protocol for situations like this. Although when mister mad scientist was debating the odds of his escape, I wanted to ask him "how likely do you think it is that you'll make it out of this room with multiple beam rifles pointed at you?"
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-28-2012, 09:05 PM
While plenty of issues with these episodes have been highlighted, the one that bugs me most is how easy it is to take out a Jem'Hadar attack ship... with a shuttle. Seriously? A few beam shots, a couple of torpedoes, and BOOM? Hey, forget Odysseys, lets just equip everyone with shuttles and runabouts. We'd secure the quadrant in no time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachianz
While plenty of issues with these episodes have been highlighted, the one that bugs me most is how easy it is to take out a Jem'Hadar attack ship... with a shuttle. Seriously? A few beam shots, a couple of torpedoes, and BOOM? Hey, forget Odysseys, lets just equip everyone with shuttles and runabouts. We'd secure the quadrant in no time.

I put 20 satellite turrets in the back for a redneck flying fortress, then equipped the freighter holoemitter. Q-ship!

And yeah, is that why so many people want a Federation shuttle-carrier? The Yellowstone class even looks like some Russian attack helo. (Hint - KA52 Alligator). On close inspection of the 3D model I even noticed the weapons module and nacelles could separate cleanly from the main crew/cargo section.

MVAM shuttle? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
How about the three/four starfleet officers during the talks in "second wave". but the cutscenes need a skip button, they are terrible. during one of them loriss was stuck in the floor.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan_Reborn
How about the three/four starfleet officers during the talks in "second wave". but the cutscenes need a skip button, they are terrible. during one of them loriss was stuck in the floor.
Hmm, I was thinking, instead of being permanently stuck in the cutscenes I would actually prefer hearing voice-only comms coming out of the console. They're more immersive that way. Besides, Andrews was doing the talking for the negotiations part, not me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-10-2012, 10:00 PM
One of the big plot holes for me was at "Of Bajor", when talking with Loriss.

She's the commander of a huge Dominion fleet, yet she's so stupid that she can't check her ship's clock with the station's to see that 20 years have passed? Nor do quantum dating (which seems fairly common in Star Trek), to once again, see her and her fleet suffered a 20 years time lapse? Nor can she somehow send *just one* ship back to the Gamma Quadrant to ask "Hey, did this war end by any chance?"? Really?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
One of the big plot holes for me was at "Of Bajor", when talking with Loriss.

She's the commander of a huge Dominion fleet, yet she's so stupid that she can't check her ship's clock with the station's to see that 20 years have passed? Nor do quantum dating (which seems fairly common in Star Trek), to once again, see her and her fleet suffered a 20 years time lapse? Nor can she somehow send *just one* ship back to the Gamma Quadrant to ask "Hey, did this war end by any chance?"? Really?
This feeds back into the whole "teenage drama queen" thing that a lot of Vorta seem to have going on - utterly unwilling to admit ANY evidence that would undermine their position.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazapsky
This feeds back into the whole "teenage drama queen" thing that a lot of Vorta seem to have going on - utterly unwilling to admit ANY evidence that would undermine their position.
I like that enough to want one as a pet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2012, 04:15 AM
All good remarks guys!

Something that bother me even more was the strength of the dominion ships.. These ships were twenty years out of date, the fed ships were actually way more improved, stronger than the ones that fought in the dom wars. Still, that defiant, sovereign exploded instantly and the fleet that wanted to help you, was getting its *** kicked as well against an enemy with 20 year outdated weaponry and shielding...