Lt. Commander
Okay, I just tried 3x DHC Disruptors with Quantum torp and 3x Disrupt Turrets...lack luster, I couldn't strip shields to save my life. SOOOOO now I have it on my mind to rock all Tetryons and photon torps. Here is what I am thinking.

3x Tetryon DUAL CANNONS 1x Photon
3x Turret

I figure this will eat shields with my APO3 and 2x CRF2 and APB1

Here are two other considerations:

2x DC, 2x Photon
3x Turret

OR

2x DC, 1x DBB, 1x Photon
3x Turret

My last question is the age old arguement of DHC vs DC...Nothing concrete to swing me one way or another. Opinions? Will I put out more PVP hurt with 3x DHC or 3/2x DCs?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Depending on your play style, consider a torp aft. I tend to do strafing runs, and it's sometimes useful to drop a cluster transphasic tricobalt or harpeng close in

What are your boff powers and power settings?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
My boffs are as follows:

Tac Lt. Cmnd:
TT1, CRF1, APB2

Tac Cmnd:
TS1, HYT2, CRF2, APO3

Eng En:
EPtS1 OR EPtW1 (I swap them)

Eng Lt:
EPtS1, ET2

Sci Lt:
ST1, HE2 OR TB1, TSS2 (Swap)

Basically I want something a little different then my healboat Assault Cruiser for PVP without rerolling a tactical toon since EVERYONE has a tactical toon...blarg!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm surprised you would have problems stripping shields with your build.

Do you have the right damage tactical consoles? What are your subsystem power settings?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I did, 4x Disruptor MK XI damage boosters.

I never seemed to do enough damage, I was not impressed with the proc for disruptors.

My skills max energy weapons too. Subsystem power is not an issue, I routinely manage my power well having played my healboat Assault cruiser. My weapon power is usually around 85-90 without EPtW1 or my skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I run defiant and Mvae, I use tt1' tt1' cfrf1 scatter volley1hyt2and have been playing with spread 2, apo3
I run HYT with the Scatter, crf with the spread so I have a lot of aoe going on. Have not tested in STF
With an engineer, rsf+TSS+epts usually regents shields completely
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
What about weapon load out now. Reference my builds.

I already bought DC Tetryons but only have two...I need to know if it is going to be more advantageous to run three DCs or 2Dcs with a DBB or 1-2 Photon torps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker01 View Post
I did, 4x Disruptor MK XI damage boosters.

I never seemed to do enough damage, I was not impressed with the proc for disruptors.

My skills max energy weapons too. Subsystem power is not an issue, I routinely manage my power well having played my healboat Assault cruiser. My weapon power is usually around 85-90 without EPtW1 or my skills.
With your skills, is your weapon subystem level 125/90? Or something close to that?

I would say go with 3 DCs, but some can attest to the DBB + BO3 being able to one-shot kill some opponents. My only issue with the DBB is the accuracy. I believe you can still miss with BO3, which would suck because of the weapon drain. If you're going to go with the DBB, maybe find one with [ACC]x2 or X3?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I am running 125/90 on weapons, but here is my ending build I am trying so far...in PVE it was AMAZING strong. I'm curious to PVP now, which I love. Also note that during PVE I tested it using 2 queantum torps one fore and one aft. The new build has 3 turrest back so front dps should be higher now.

Fore:
2x DC Tetryon, 1x DBB Tetryon, 1x Quantum Torp all MK XI all very rare
Aft:
3x Turret Tetryon MK XI very rare

Deflector:
Borg

Engine:
Borg (I do have the awesome Jem'Hadar one though I may swap in and out)

Shield:
2x Cap covarient Very rare AND MACO MK XI that I swap too...haven't found out whats better

Tac:
4x Tetryon dmg console

Eng:
Abalative armor MK XI rare, EPS flow regulator MK XI rare, RCS turn MK XI rare

Sci:
Shield Regen MK XI rare, Shield Cap MK XI Rare

Boffs:
Tac: BO1, HYT2, CRF1, APO3 TT1, APB1, CRF2

Eng: EPtS1, EPtS1, ET2

Sci: TB1, HE2 (have science team I can swap in and out too)

I may swap my CRF2 for 1 on my Lt. Cmnd tac to APB2 or APO2...not sure which to rotate, keeping APB1 or 2 though boosts the whole team which is a good thing.

Thoughts? Anyone have success with this weapons loadout? I do plan on saving again to grab 3x DHC Tetryon MK XI very rare to try the dps with that and experiment with the age old question of DC vs DHC.