Lt. Commander
# 21
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
it may still be one of the best but if its not THE best then its not the ship you want going around with the best title.
Then wouldn't you expect the Enterprise to be decommissioned/renamed every, say, 5 - 10 years?
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
there were only dozen connies in service until the excels took over, hard to believe that considered a serious threat to the klingon empire even with the Accord, yet it was only a smoke screen and the Feds built even more ships and more designs . a thoery with alot of holes no less.
We don't know how many Connies were in service after the TOS TV era. They might have made dozens between the end of the TV show and TMP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Well until CBS allows the story to be told, we can assume the Enteprise-E is Missing In Action and presumed lost.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
there were only dozen connies in service until the excels took over, hard to believe that considered a serious threat to the klingon empire even with the Accord, yet it was only a smoke screen and the Feds built even more ships and more designs . a thoery with alot of holes no less.
Not quite right. Kirk said there were 12 ships like the Enterprise in the fleet at the time of "Tomorrow is Yesterday". We can't infer anything canon-wise about the number of Constitution Class ships (ether type) at the time of the ST2. But I would speculate that there would be more Constiaution Class ships added since the first year of Kirks 5 year mission. The Federation was growing larger and getting more members. Starfleet would need more ships.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Until further notice, the Enterprise E is MIA.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Data didn't have enough cstore points to keep it going
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Data didn't have enough cstore points to keep it going
Data had 67 years worth of "playing" - joining the Academy in 2341 and assuming he is dead in 2408. If I can earn 100 CP a day playing Data probably owned Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
If the Enterprise-E was decommissioned, it would've been mentioned in the Path to 2409. She is simply MIA.

If I remember right, they explained her disappearance was a way to keep things going if things in canon should change if there is another series or another TNG movie. (Though the liklihood the past wouldn't be the same anyhow).
What? why? The path to 2409 ends in the 2408! A lot of things happened in the 2409! All STO exist in the 2409! You are promoted from Ensign to Vice Admiral in the 2409!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Well until CBS allows the story to be told, we can assume the Enteprise-E is Missing In Action and presumed lost.
Until CBS allows the story to be told, we don’t know what happened to the E-E. For all we know is on a museum next to the Enterprise A, Enterprise B and the saucer of the Enterprise D.

Btw, we have this same discussion a few weeks ago, and some one that is still posting here, told me that he was sure that the E-E was gone and the new FE was going to confirm that…..
I will like to hear a “explanation” of that, lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Data had 67 years worth of "playing" - joining the Academy in 2341 and assuming he is dead in 2408. If I can earn 100 CP a day playing Data probably owned Starfleet.
No he probably owned the United Federation of Planets. He would have had 2,447,108 C-points (hehe can't help, but not to find the answer love math) With that many c-points I wonder how many Galors he got.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Hoo.. and one more thing.. Starfleet wanted to retire the Enterprise D after more or less 40 years of service in the All Good Things time line.. only Admiral Riker kept it on service..

So, next time, get your facts right.. if you dont know your canon from the TV show, know it from Memory Alpha: http://en.memory-alpha.org

A 40 years old Flagship in times of multi wars? Sure..