Lt. Commander
# 31
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I could have sworn that CBS aired what happened to the Enterprise-E during the half hour timeslot after Big Bang Theory between the transition from Rules of Engagement and Rob.

In that special episode, the Enterprise-E arrived at Starbase 236 and found the Borg. The Ent-E was unable to send a message to Starfleet and began to fight their way past the Borg armada. Suddenly, four Romulan Warbirds decloaked and attacked the Ent-E while it was already engaged with the Borg.

As the lead Warbird was about the fire the killshot, one of the bridge officers pointed out that it was the Ent-E and not the Ent-B. The Romulans hesitated and found themselves engaged with the Borg.

As the Ent-E began to limp away from the battle, a tiny Klingon Bird of Prey decloaks. Their alpha strike is enough to destroy the Ent-E. As the captain of the Bird of Prey begins celebrating with his crew about destroying the Enterprise, they're caught in a tractor beam from a Tac Cube and destroyed.

Yep, I could have sworn that's what happened...
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I think I saw that as well. Thanks for jogging my memory!
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
I could have sworn that CBS aired what happened to the Enterprise-E during the half hour timeslot after Big Bang Theory between the transition from Rules of Engagement and Rob.

In that special episode, the Enterprise-E arrived at Starbase 236 and found the Borg. The Ent-E was unable to send a message to Starfleet and began to fight their way past the Borg armada. Suddenly, four Romulan Warbirds decloaked and attacked the Ent-E while it was already engaged with the Borg.

As the lead Warbird was about the fire the killshot, one of the bridge officers pointed out that it was the Ent-E and not the Ent-B. The Romulans hesitated and found themselves engaged with the Borg.

As the Ent-E began to limp away from the battle, a tiny Klingon Bird of Prey decloaks. Their alpha strike is enough to destroy the Ent-E. As the captain of the Bird of Prey begins celebrating with his crew about destroying the Enterprise, they're caught in a tractor beam from a Tac Cube and destroyed.

Yep, I could have sworn that's what happened...
So just another day in Ker'rat? Minus the Romulans that is.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
So just another day in Ker'rat? Minus the Romulans that is.
Too much time spent in Ambassador threads today.

Did anybody read the STO novel? Was there any additional info in there other than the Starbase 236 dispatch?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Too much time spent in Ambassador threads today.

Did anybody read the STO novel? Was there any additional info in there other than the Starbase 236 dispatch?
I read the novel, and I can't recall any hard info on the Ent-E. It's been a while, though, so I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
Besides you cant officially name a ship until you know its destroyed, what happens if the ENT-E suddenly comes back at a critical moment as the ENT-F is about to be destroyed? that would shoot the fox as it were and expose Shon and his crew as frauds.
The following quote is taken from the website www.nauticapedia.ca a website in Canada that proves that the previous quote by Xautos is in fact fallacious from a historical perspective on Earth:

Quote:
Currently no two registered vessels in Canada may have the same name. In past Shipping Registers some common names were in use by several vessels simulataneously. Licenced vessels may use the same names - and even the same name as that of an existing registered vessel as these names are not 'official'. This can be very confusing for the researcher.
Additionally one could argue that even if the U.S.S. Enterprise E were not destroyed, simply decommissioning it the same way as happened with the U.S.S. Enterprise A, would by proxy allow the commissioning of the next letter in the Alphabet as far as that ship is concerned.