Lt. Commander
# 1 A New Style of PVP
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I just had an idea *smells smoke.*

In LOTRO there is a style of PVP where players are able to play as members of other factions, or as monsters not normally playable.

I believe that it would be interesting if STO had a style of PVP where, for instance, Feds were pitted against Borg. Players would be able to either choose a side or are randomly put on a side, then they can choose their ship type. Each ship would have a, perhaps, role-specific loadout that cannot be changed.

I think that this would be an interesting way to approach a new style of PVP, which could be balanced since all loadouts on all ships would be specific, and cannot be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahalu
I just had an idea *smells smoke.*

In LOTRO there is a style of PVP where players are able to play as members of other factions, or as monsters not normally playable.

I believe that it would be interesting if STO had a style of PVP where, for instance, Feds were pitted against Borg. Players would be able to either choose a side or are randomly put on a side, then they can choose their ship type. Each ship would have a, perhaps, role-specific loadout that cannot be changed.

I think that this would be an interesting way to approach a new style of PVP, which could be balanced since all loadouts on all ships would be specific, and cannot be changed.
Well I hope you kept that evo-suit from the last FE, it probably works as a good flame suit too.

I suggestet something similar some time ago and ppl didnt like it.

I personally thing this could be a GREAT addition; making KDF and FED allied again but adding all the other "factions" (Cardis, tholians, Dominion ect ect.... even BORG) as a monster play faction for some new game types.

But this wont happen.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
It struck me as a good idea, thanks for the response and your opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
id love to see a good pvp'r use a borg cube to its fullest advantage.

the only major issue i can see with this that they would then have to give all the other races complete skill sets.

which i would be for since it would make pve more of a challenge
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Somehow i feel attack pattern omega in a tactical cube would prob be the greatest thing ever
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
id love to see a good pvp'r use a borg cube to its fullest advantage.

the only major issue i can see with this that they would then have to give all the other races complete skill sets.

which i would be for since it would make pve more of a challenge
Well, I mean that each player chooses a specific Ship which would have specific abilities, specialized for this new style of PVP. This could also allow for balancing based upon different scenarios. Now, that's getting a little complicated.