Lt. Commander
# 221
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Ships slots really should be increased. Some people want ALL the ships. And seeing that anythign new is c-store now I'm not sure why Crpytic wouldn't want us to buy more slots for more ships.
I said thge same thing about my new Honda Pilot. Where the heck was the garage to put it in. I asked they laughed and said you must still buy the garage.
Lt. Commander
# 222
03-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So now experience and the capability of application of it is the defining factor to something being considered OP?

Well, I'm in the clear. :p
We have Bob LaBlaw. We make an additional copy of ol' Bob. We have Bob-A fight Bob-B. It's an even match. We give Bob-B a better weapon. Bob-B's going to beat Bob-A.

Doesn't mean that Bob can beat Chuck, Andy, ****, Eddie, or Frank... but Bob-B can beat Bob-A.

Bob-B can also beat those people that are on his level of skill/ability/etc.

Against Chuck, who might only be slightly better in skill/ability/etc than Bob - that additional weapon might allow Bob to beat Chuck; regardless of skill/ability/etc. Against Eddie, it might not make a lick of difference. Bob might not even be on Frank's screen long enough for Frank to remember Bob's name.

We give that same weapon to Frank, and he might be able to frag Andy, Chuck, ****, and Eddie all at the same time...

Now, if we give Bob a different weapon - and he can frag Andy, Chuck, ****, and Eddie all at the same time... then we're starting to get into that what am I doing here sort of thing as we look for another game to play.
Lt. Commander
# 223
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I assume Roach's post is in reply to CapnLogan's tweet about how can buy everything and still be terrible at the game. That skill is more important.
Lt. Commander
# 224
03-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I assume Roach's post is in reply to CapnLogan's tweet about how can buy everything and still be terrible at the game. That skill is more important.
I picked up on what he was doing, but wondering what in the world he was replying to.

I'm with Roach. There is not much that is truly OP in my hands. That said, competition will be destroyed when the best players have the clearly best equipment.

Why does everyone assume the best players will gravitate towards the worst equipment? Why will the worst players pick the best equipment? So counter intuitive. One would think a skilled trades person would pick the best tool for the job, since they know how to get the job done.
Lt. Commander
# 225
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Why does everyone assume the best players will gravitate towards the worst equipment?
If THAT were truly the case you'd see a ton more DSSV's in PvP. It's the most obsolete ship in its tier. Yet the best players don't seem to want to fly it.
Lt. Commander
# 226
03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That's 10 months on your stipend. Ouch. By then the Romulan Lockbox will have made all three of them obsolete.
Last time I logged in to play for any serious length of time was Cloaked Intentions. That was Feb to March 2011. Between then and now I've played maybe 10 hours. I only come here when CoH isn't working.