Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2012, 11:53 PM
I use both Ensign slots for a tactical team.

On first glance it may appear useless, but you should not underestimate the benefit of a self adjusting shieldface every 15 seconds.

People who say it is useless don't use it properly
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Cmdr:TT1, CRF1, BO3, APO3
Lt Cmdr:TT1, CRF1
Ensign: Spread1
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I use both Ensign slots for a tactical team.

On first glance it may appear useless, but you should not underestimate the benefit of a self adjusting shieldface every 15 seconds.

People who say it is useless don't use it properly
You've missed the point of the OP.

The Defiant-R has 3 Tactical Ensign slots to fill, and you can only chain 2 copies of Tac Team.

This thread is about what to do with the 3rd Tactical Ensign slot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
You've missed the point of the OP..
I'm afraid it's you that missed the point - reread the OP; he's only running one TT at present so the advice to slot a second TT is not only appropriate, it's good given the effectiveness of the power.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_smith View Post
I'm afraid it's you that missed the point - reread the OP; he's only running one TT at present so the advice to slot a second TT is not only appropriate, it's good given the effectiveness of the power.
Oops! You're right.

I stand corrected.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2012, 08:47 AM
High Yield Torpedoes if you use torpedoes, maybe Beam Fire At Will or Beam Target Subsystem (Engines is a good choice- even if you don't proc a disable, the enemy is probably flying slower and thus loses defense, meaning you hit harder). Beam Overload 1 has the drawback of the energy drain - I don't think it's worth the small spike and then suffer considerable damage losses afterwards. The trade-offs are better for Beam Overload 2 and 3. (BTW: I've heard reports that Beam Overload misses a lot more often these days. So far mostly anecdotal, but you may want to check it.)

If you use neither Torps or Beams, then you obviously can't do anything with it. I'd recommend a Dual Beam Bank or a Quantum Torpedo Launcher in addition to front DHCs and aft Turrets, though.