stop crying and use a sci team
ricky bobby. yourdoinitright.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Shelby-Sensation
stop crying and use a sci team
Dude, lawls. Great tip, you should write an article on it.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumappp
if not for snb games would never end. One could argue that this is wrong in the first place. But i don't really feel like bringing "that one" up again.

Truth is, in the games current state SNB is a must.
that's how it is.

changing this would need a general rebalance of most powers, which means that cryptic needs to touch things. i don't think that's a good idea .
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-15-2012, 08:23 PM
I disagree...

Possible solutions:

Immunity to SNB after being nuc'd
SNB removes only a certain type of buffs i.e. shield buffs and hull buffs but not TEAMS
SNB removes a set number of buffs
SNB buff removal can be resisted or partially resisted by perhaps Power Insulators or another skill
SNB removes the effects of all current buffs but returns their effects after a set duration, leaving the buffs running but negating their effects for a duration.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I consider that the fact there are Buffs even for ships in the game is an indication that PvP mechanics not really great for a Space Combat game.

SNB used to do much worse effects when the game got released, its current form is acceptable, and if you rely on Buffs to be successful your doing something wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahalu
I disagree...

Possible solutions:

SNB removes only a certain type of buffs i.e. shield buffs and hull buffs but not TEAMS
SNB buff removal can be resisted or partially resisted by perhaps Power Insulators or another skill
SNB removes the effects of all current buffs but returns their effects after a set duration, leaving the buffs running but negating their effects for a duration.
i disagree ..

possible solutions:
leave snb alone + get a team

no really. i know that beeing snb'd sucks if you are in a pug. you won't get any new buffs from them and you won't get a sci team either. but in a premade vs. premade fight only one snb in it's current form may not be enough, at least if both premades are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
I consider that the fact there are Buffs even for ships in the game is an indication that PvP mechanics not really great for a Space Combat game.

SNB used to do much worse effects when the game got released, its current form is acceptable, and if you rely on Buffs to be successful your doing something wrong.
ok. i bet 50m credits that i'll beat you in a 1 vs 1 where you don't use any powers but i do.

i don't see a problem that we have buffs in space pvp. honestly, i think it's a good thing because it encourages team play - and i guess that's one of the points why ppl. around here like space pvp so much.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Agreed that SNB is still a strong ability, but there is a need for an icebreaker.
Without it, people could just tank forever and feel like they win all the time.

Quote:
In most games that I've played, this has been deemed completely over-powered and those powers had been limited to two to three buffs removed. i.e. UO, WoW, AC, ****.
Agreed on that too, although I would exclude WoW - and **** somewhat.

Imagine spamming SNB for little/no costs (ripping one buff or all doesnt matter) - that was how WoW's shaman was for years.
It has been revamped many times now, luckily.
I would like to see that for SNB, but there still has to be a way to remove buffs from a player, effectively.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone

i don't see a problem that we have buffs in space pvp. honestly, i think it's a good thing because it encourages team play - and i guess that's one of the points why ppl. around here like space pvp so much.
Buffless space combat would also encourage team combat. But it would mostly be: Everyone target the same guy. That's very boring team combat.

The interesting aspect of STO space combat is to deal with the buffing and healing. Pressure targets so they are weakened for a spike. Cause false spikes to lead your enemies to overreact and expose someone else on the team. Timing and Coordination only get so important because the game has so many buffs. Without them, it's really simple - focus fire on the weakest and done.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
In most games that I've played, this has been deemed completely over-powered and those powers had been limited to two to three buffs removed. i.e. UO, WoW, AC, ****.
Just a quick note and I'll try to keep my science bias out of it, but if I'm reading the WoW Mists of Pandaria dev notes correctly, they're thinking of turning all dispels (both defensive and offensive) into a subnucleonic beam, where everything is taken off. I'm not sure how it'll mesh well with "fire and forget" buffs like the ones that increase your stats/resistances for an hour, but it's certainly better than "spam this button until everything is gone, but still have full mana".
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-16-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
I disagree...

Possible solutions:

1) Possible solutions? Has SUB nuke been deemed too have a problem ?

SNB should remove every SINGLE buff you have... EVERY single one. That is all there is too that.

SNB should NOT be resisted by anything... sorry. No its a captain skill... there is no M Worker resist, or Rotate SF.... it is working as intended and is fine.

NO your buffs should not come back too you... its not a buff pause its a buff strip.

Here are some helpful hints too survive a subnuke
1 - Know your enemy... if you don't know what the other team has for captains before you attack get faster at checking that.
2 - Don't use EVERY single buff you have when you are doing anything...
- Attack with 1-2 buffs and save a couple for reserve
- Same with heals... don't over heal rotate cool downs so things are coming off or are off cool down when you activate another... building properly to start with helps this.
- In fact if you are expecting too be nuked bait the nuke... ya know play the game
3 - Know how too tank in general... Shield... Hull... Speed.
- Shield tank when you can... don't worry about running at 100 hull... if your at 90 hull and your shield is good save that Aux to Sif of Hazard till you might really need the resist value.
- Go and do the silly Devidian Mission and get the Sub Space Gizmo... the one that gives you +Defense and Resist... USE it when you are nuked.
- If you have nothing left in the tank... USE an evasive... either run or circle if you have a team healing you, boost your defense, break weapon arcs.
4 - Know which ships are the sci and don't sit in there arcs daring them to Sub Noob you.
5 - Count the number of Sci count the sub noob beams.... if there is only one sci (which is often the case) when you see them sub noob someone... look at your own cool downs find one close too 2 min and pay attention too it... when it gets too zero... expect someone too get sub noobed and either see 1-4 for yourself OR be ready to help your team with heals. If you have a team assign people to count X sci persons noob beam timing... if you can count more then 1... I can count 2 no issues... and I can track 3 if the match isn't too hectic. Practice counting buffs, then you can keep track of the ones you don't like like snb.

This whole Subnuke thing is as silly as saying APA... is OP cause someone killed me in one run... OR M worker / RSF / EPS NADION is OP cause some engi tanked me for 2 min then flipped eps nadion and faw on me and I sploded.

Its part of the game... frankly it needs too be in the game... it is also very survivable. There are only a handful of experience sci guys that know exactly how too time there beams... cause they understand tip 5 and are waiting for you too have all your stuff on cool down first.... I know I talked too you for a bit tonight in game... hit me up one day and we will PvP for awhile... you will come too see how SNB is just another tool... powerful but hardly OP.

Notice I also didn't point out the obvious... RUN a sci team. Or if you have a team or if your quing with 2 people or whatever... have a sci team on one ship at least and call for it. Some people even bind a team chat key that will say things like "Sci team Please"... worst case no one helps you out. lol