Lt. Commander
# 1 Aquarius bridge feedback
03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
So I tried out the Aquarius bridge tonight. Two graphical issues I'll discuss first:

There appears to be a gap in the exterior wall hiding the ready room. Look at the corner of the window.

Second there's a strange gray distortion that appears on the chairs in the center of the bridge. They go away after different camera angles and such.

Third technical issue is the ready room door is either a. Not there or b. Stuck open.

That's pretty much it for the technical issues I've spotted so far. Now, for non-technical feedback.

1. I was kind of hoping Cryptic would have found a place for the Odyssey semi-MSD display that was in the placeholder bridge. You know, being the Odyssey bridge and all.

2. The downstairs area of the bridge, while nice looking... would probably make a better conference room than actual bridge stations, but hey.

3. With all the spiffy projected LCARS interfaces around... it's puzzling that there aren't even small ones near the captain's chair and the two chairs flanking it. All that information being projected, and the captain doesn't have access to any of it unless they ask for it.

4. I don't understand why where are so many empty stations on bridges, especially when there are two officers, one on either side, just standing around.

5. The transporter in the back is non-functional after you beam in... or use the turbolift to get back to the bridge.

And now for completely non-serious requests and observations that aren't meant to be taken even the slightest bit seriously:

1. The hull type visible from the windows does not match the hull type chosen in ship customization!

2. That includes the Tron lines from the Aegis set, for example!

3. Why can't I see the ship registry when I walk to the front windows and look out?

Okay, that's enough for now. Issues aside, it looks really good. I wonder if an Aquarius Bridge Pack is in the works....
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
1. I was kind of hoping Cryptic would have found a place for the Odyssey semi-MSD display that was in the placeholder bridge. You know, being the Odyssey bridge and all.
They have. On the Free Anniversary Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM
my thing is why only 8 BOs i the temp bridge had 10 or 12
there is room for them all siting down i looked
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post
my thing is why only 8 BOs i the temp bridge had 10 or 12
there is room for them all siting down i looked
Only 8 oO !? Damn

Had hoped they go finally for 14, especially since there IS enough space/stations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
Only 8 oO !? Damn

Had hoped they go finally for 14, especially since there IS enough space/stations.
Yeah, the Eaves bridge I use takes 13, I think. going down to 8 is going to be a bit disappoining, especially for such a nice bridge on a big ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Yeah, the Eaves bridge I use takes 13, I think. going down to 8 is going to be a bit disappoining, especially for such a nice bridge on a big ship.
Totally

But:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=288

Looks like a new build changed "something" with the boffs on the bridge. Has somebody already counted? Numbers upped or something? *hope dies last*

*edit*
While we are at it: How many on the new Bortas Bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2012, 05:12 AM
no he talking how 4 or so of the BOs are standing
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Populate my bridge please, put butts in all the seats. The bridge looks better than I thought, and I liked what I saw in the pics, but it is too sparsely crewed. I've got a lot of boffs and want to see them in the seats and at stations. I did like the couple spots you had where they were standing, leave those in please. I'd also like to see some variant bridge color set ups, in particular I'd like the color set from the brotherhood bridge, the grey is ok but I like the warm tones the brotherhood set has.

Another thing not specific to just this bridge, can't our boffs be active? Have them walk from a display to a seat, or down the stairs, to the turbolift or the transport pad. The no-names can walk around the other decks and on bases, an extension of what is done to make them move would be great to see for our boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2012, 05:40 AM
there are 5 unused chairs ( not counting mine) and a standing work area up top with no BO there

2 of the BOs up there one is close to the unused area but is more on the back wall one other idea is have a BO be a trasporter BO to swich ships

the other misplaced BO is close to the stuck door and my be why its stuck

in the lower area there is room for 2 or 3 BOs
and one that is down there looks lost trying to think what of the 3 or 4 open areas to work in

all and all i love it but i want my BOs to be at work
the only art thing that bugs me is wish the screan was bigger like all the way to the top
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
4. I don't understand why where are so many empty stations on bridges, especially when there are two officers, one on either side, just standing around.
This. There are, by my count, about 14 stations, counting the centre chairs, that could/should have a boff stationed at. I have a roster of 10 bridge officers. But only 7 of those 10 appear on the bridge, with a whole lot of empty stations (especially with those two officers standing around as mentioned).

I know it's unrealistic to have my entire senior staff on duty at once, but I want to see them all!