Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2012, 08:20 AM
what would really be neat is adding of the consoles from station whatever from the latest FE. those MOVING consoles especcaily for the captains chair and transporters. why do the transporters not have command consoles, there also should be more consoles near the back as it is kind of bare.

the viewer is mmissing the iconic lights that move toward the center. i dunno what they are used for though lol

Skip the windows, add workstations. Better yet MSD display, MSD downstairs in the workroom thing could work too

also i have about 4 crewman standing, two in the back of the main bridge yet there are empty seats....they should be sitting lol and my first officer next to the captains chair
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2012, 08:27 AM
however there is no question this is best bridge in the game!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2012, 03:07 PM
I still prefer the Blue LCARS over the TNG.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
My problem is that it's simply /too/ big with a lot of windows which makes for structural weakness. Yes, I know I'm overanalyzing with the windows bit but since the bridge is two decks and I have a huge metal wall behind me it feels like getting orders out in the heat of combat would be problematic. I really wish they'd just done with that Perpetual design people kept tossing out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
My problem is that it's simply /too/ big with a lot of windows which makes for structural weakness. Yes, I know I'm overanalyzing with the windows bit but since the bridge is two decks and I have a huge metal wall behind me it feels like getting orders out in the heat of combat would be problematic. I really wish they'd just done with that Perpetual design people kept tossing out.
this is the 1st one i did not find to big after all its a 2500 man ship
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Having the bridge of *any* ship at the top of the saucer is a 'structural weakness' as far as the crew should be concerned, as is having *any* windows on a starship. The bridge should honestly be the single most targeted location in any battle - take out the captain and experienced bridge crew and cripple the ship. Having it so easily accessible to weapon fire is just *stupid* design. But, that 'was one of Roddenberry's things - bridges have to be at the top of the saucer.

The blueprints of the Franz TOS Dreadnought had it right when they put the bridge in the center deck of the saucer - the most protected area it could be in.

TL;DR - The windows are fine because placement of bridges is stupid anyway because of Roddenberry's requirement.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Guess I'll add mine to this one too.

- There are a couple missing faces on the base of the railing near the stations by the viewscreen. (See image below)

- The gloss effect on a lot of the chairs is a bit too harsh. It transitions too abruptly or something. Something about it just doesn't look right.

- No doors to the ready room. Feels unfinished.

- Too many of the bridge officers are just standing around "thinking". They should get to work! Lazy bums! It feels empty without someone sitting next to the captain chair or at some of the other stations.

- The LCARS are static. I didn't notice any animation.

- It would be cool if you could also go to the other decks via the transporter pad since this ship is supposed to have site-to-site transport. We're beyond silly turbolifts.
See image: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6638/odysseybridge.jpg

-There are two "cylinders", outside, on the left and right side of the top front window. One is out more than the other. In fact from the lower deck window you can see it's floating, not really attached to anything.

- More importantly... There's a gaping hole above the top-front window. It's drafty and I think we're depressurizing.
See image: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7...seybridge2.jpg

Other than that, GREAT JOB! I really like it! Lots of detail and originality.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
My problem is that it's simply /too/ big with a lot of windows which makes for structural weakness.
Transparent aluminum is amazing stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2012, 10:16 PM
I second the idea that the lower area should be a conference room (with sittable chairs)

I do love the bridge though.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettorix View Post
I second the idea that the lower area should be a conference room (with sittable chairs)

I do love the bridge though.
I had kind of hoped that one of the areas would be good for a flag officer, while the other would be good for the Captain running ship's operations. From the looks, and sounds of it, the lower area doesn't quite suit either, but I can use my imagination.