Lt. Commander
Is there a way to remove a specific weapon from the weapon tray?

I am running with a tricobalt mine layer in the rear and want to be able to open up with all weapons but not launch the mine.

I have been experimenting with swooping in and dropping the enemy's shields with a tetryon assault, then dropping the mine right on top of the enemy as I pass by. Most times I can get a shield facing to drop and then the mine kicks in and does a coup de grace (IF it heads for the right ship though, if it's in a cluster of ships).
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 02:51 AM
With standard settings space bar fires energy weapons, space+ctrl fires all weapons.
So yes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Well what you want is a bit complicatet, but if I understood you right, possible.
There are 2 categorys: Enegergy weapons (Cannons/Beams) and projectiles (Torps/MInes), each with their own cycle.

So the point is: Weapons in Autofire always fire both, no matter of you use the projecticle or enegry "fire" button.

If you want ONE weapon to fire entirely independent you have to put all weapons but that one into autofire and use the fire button NOT assigned to the type.
Example, you want all weapons incl. Torpedos to fire, but launch mines independent, you'll have to put everything but the mines into autofire and use the enegry weapon button to fire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Ok. I do have a forward facing quantum torpedo, but I guess I can just set that off autofire and allow it to fire independently as well. Or keep it on autofire and just remember to hit it again when switching targets.

I guess I was just hoping for a way to remove it from the main weapons tray and just leave it as an option on my action bars.