Lt. Commander
I was doing some STF runs with my fleet a little earlier today. During IGE I realized something that would be really nice to have at the fight before the last save room, some sort of gravity well for ground combat. A power, perhaps a grenade since they're explosive and work at range unlike mines, that suddenly implodes and pulls in a group of enemies outside the normal grenade range.

The need for damage wouldn't be a necessity, maybe a temporary stagger, or the chance for an expose on impact, but largely it would be something that could allow for a large group that's spread out to be pulled into a smaller, more compact group. This group could be then be followed up grenade, an orbital strike from a teammate, or even some pulsewaves to do AOE damage.

I know this probably has been said before, but I thought I might as well bring it up because it seemed like something that could work nicely with a very in-sync group. Depending on how it would work balance wise it could either be sustained, like the Gravity well, or just one sudden implosion that doesn't linger around. I don't know, just an idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Sci could really use more effective ground crowd control.