Lt. Commander
Hi all -

In order to get the Shard of Possibilities, do I HAVE to play through each episode of 2800, or can I get it just by completing the final mission? I have a couple low-rank toons, not much time this week, and I'd rather not rapid-rank them by playing all the missions - getting them to level 9 is enough. I would also rather not spoil the experience rushing them through to get the shard.

Also, would it be possible for me to simply 'drop' the mission and not accept the rewards to avoid getting the SP? Although this wouldn't fix the problem of rushing through, it would at least keep me from rapid-ranking faster than I want to.

As a note to any devs that may read this - this is another endorsement of the idea of being able to turn off leveling temporarily! Please keep it in mind, and think about this situation when putting together the next FE series.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM
I think you have to play through the whole thing with each toon to get to the last mission Im affraid.

Im in the same boat I have played through to last mission with 5 toons mainly for the jem hadar BOFF and after rolling a new toon today that will want the BOFF (and the DOFFs for that matter) I really would like to just skip at least a couple of steps this time.

I think you might be able to do it again at some point in the future on a 're-run' but I cannit say for sure maybe someone who actually knows will be able to help.
On the subject of re-runs any chance some of the eariler series might get a special re-run for some of the limited time awards? would be nice for us new players (im a lapsed sub so missed allot of the first runs) to get a shot at some of the extras even if it was only 1 week for the whole series so it would be a chore to do it all on multiple toons and not just a gimmie on the old gear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 01:05 AM
In case that isnīt clear, each FE has/had only one limited reward. You can get everything else any time you want. The DOffs and the BOff from the 2800 series for example are here to stay indefinately.

And once you have completed one series, you can only play the last mission should a re-run happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 01:28 AM
I require the Developers to fix the first mission, so people can actually play it when they want, instead of 'if it works'

If I want to waste my time gambling I will play Dabo. And I won't, because I don't want to waste my time gambling.

"I might try Second Wave, it might work this time" - that's time-gambling, and has no place in a professional product, especially one which is patched practically every other damn day.

When will the Devs fix stuff like this, instead of worrying about new ships or doff systems or whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazur_southclaw View Post
When will the Devs fix stuff like this, instead of worrying about new ships or doff systems or whatever?
Have you posted a helpful** (and polite***), bug report? Also, note that it's probably better to start a new thread for a new topic rather than derailing an existing one.

** Provide steps that will help the Devs reproduce the issue. Not everyone is having issues.
*** It costs you nothing to be polite, and it vastly improves your chances of getting a fair hearing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazur_southclaw View Post
I require the Developers to fix the first mission, so people can actually play it when they want, instead of 'if it works'

If I want to waste my time gambling I will play Dabo. And I won't, because I don't want to waste my time gambling.

"I might try Second Wave, it might work this time" - that's time-gambling, and has no place in a professional product, especially one which is patched practically every other damn day.

I played the first mission 3 times, never had any trouble with it.

Quote:
In case that isnīt clear, each FE has/had only one limited reward. You can get everything else any time you want. The DOffs and the BOff from the 2800 series for example are here to stay indefinately.

And once you have completed one series, you can only play the last mission should a re-run happen.
So the first 4 missions can be played after the 22nd? or are you saying only the shard won't be available? The problem I have with that is that one of the jem'hadar set items is part of the final mission, the resilient shields. My current character has them, but if I made another one, and could still play through the first 4, it would be annoying if I couldn't finish off that jem'hadar space set. Or if I hit 50 and want to redo the missions to upgrade my set, I wouldn't be able to get an upgraded set.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
The Shard will be removed from the rewards list after the 22th.
Lt. Commander
You can no longer get the Shard. I had started the mission when it was "dropped" by the system. The DEVBLOG said: However, the Shard of Possibilities will only be available until March 22nd, and can only be claimed by a character that has completed "The 2800." Deep Space Nine is still in peril. It's up to you to save it!

So either it was dropped by mistake or it was dropped intentionally. In either case there will be a lot of angry folks who come home from school/work thinking that today was the last day to get it done.

Cryptic should be more specific in their directions next time... they should have said the Shard of Possibilities will no longer be available after March 21, if that is what they meant. However, I've got my fingers crossed that they will decide today's actions were a mistake and give us all another week to get it done in light of all of the server/memory leak issues experienced during prime time playing over last several weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofmars
You can no longer get the Shard. I had started the mission when it was "dropped" by the system. The DEVBLOG said: However, the Shard of Possibilities will only be available until March 22nd, and can only be claimed by a character that has completed "The 2800." Deep Space Nine is still in peril. It's up to you to save it!

So either it was dropped by mistake or it was dropped intentionally. In either case there will be a lot of angry folks who come home from school/work thinking that today was the last day to get it done.

Cryptic should be more specific in their directions next time... they should have said the Shard of Possibilities will no longer be available after March 21, if that is what they meant. However, I've got my fingers crossed that they will decide today's actions were a mistake and give us all another week to get it done in light of all of the server/memory leak issues experienced during prime time playing over last several weeks.
I don't know why, but they've always made these events end around 10am PST/PDT on the day they "expire". It just seems to be the arbitrary time they chose. I'm not sure why they don't do it at midnight, whether midnight their time zone or midnight GMT/UT.

I don't think it's a case of "Hey, first one in the office tomorrow, don't forget to turn off the featured episode/special event." This issue comes up almost every time - people upset that it's still the day they said it expires unable to complete after that time. They end sales at that 10am mark all the time, too. It just seems like a really good way to inspire outrage, to me...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofmars

Cryptic has set a standard of content and missions going live or ending around the same time. It has been that way since launch it is understood now that when they give a date they are also including that time.