Lt. Commander
# 1 sooo (poossible 2800 spoilers)
03-13-2012, 08:29 AM
aftter going through 2800 I will say this:

WHAT THE HECK!!?!? What was the point of running across ds9 in space? just to get there defeat him so he beams away and you have to do the big battle anyway.. why not just skip ahead to it . That way we didn't have to do all the boring puzzles.

Also why is it the ENTERPRISE comes and saves me? This all led up to that'?? Really? I thought this was my adventure not "I am in trouble so the enterprise has to save me" . Sorry but I say fail on this.
FLAME ON cause I know its coming.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 08:36 AM
I didn't like the FE story either. The missions were great, though. But regarding the story... Now everyone is friends and hey yeah never mind we occupied DS9 and killed hundreds of people. Blah. It was totally pointless.

Oh and the Big E was "destroyed" so often in the battle, her first mission wasn't as spectacular as the DEVs intended, I think
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post

WHAT THE HECK!!?!? What was the point of running across ds9 in space? just to get there defeat him so he beams away and you have to do the big battle anyway.. why not just skip ahead to it . That way we didn't have to do all the boring puzzles.

Also why is it the ENTERPRISE comes and saves me? This all led up to that'?? Really? I thought this was my adventure not "I am in trouble so the enterprise has to save me" . Sorry but I say fail on this.
Kurland was the one bewailing that there were "too many" of them. Not you. This may come from the fact that the man is in charge of a space station and may not be the greatest starship commander around. With how popular DS9 is these days and the lack of the Dominion war, it's questionable just how much the Defiant gets out. Kurland could well be flying Sisko's desk most of the time.

The Enterprise came in as backup. She was a help. But you were in command of the fight, you took point, you were The Hero (TM). The Enterprise just came in to join the others that had your back.

....or should have had your back. If they all handled their ships like that Bird of Prey, I think the war is finally over for both sides. I wonder if the Klingons cloned an army of Deanna Troi for their pilots...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2012, 08:50 AM
I have to admit that the end left me with an overall feeling of "all for nothing".

1. Episode: Introduction. Okay....
2. Epsiode: Deals with the fallout, makes you work like a crewman third class, still... Okay.
3. Episode: Contact the Dominion so they call their doggies back. After you finally found them they agree if you give back their god who is sitting in jail because of massive war crimes.
4. Episode: Get their god from prison.
5. Episode: Founder heroically manages to call back the single Vorta on DS9, the Jem'hadar stay. You try to assassinate the Jem'hadar leader so you won't have to fight the 2800 Jem'hadar ships, he escapes and you have to fight the battle with the catastrophic odds anyway.

Sorry, but Episode 3 and 4 and everything in episode five up to the space battle was a massive waste of time. The only thing we achieved was releasing a war criminal from prison as a reward for the Dominion violating the Treaty of Bajor with absolutely no reward except a few Dominion doffs and one BO. How incredibly generous. Oh, and we got a Jem'hadar EVA suit. The least would have been a massive Gamma quadrant Dominion fleet to help drive the Jem'hadar off DS9.

It's a real shame because this cheapens all the awesome stuff we experienced in those episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Well, I have to disagree. This series was well done, we get a nice new social center on bajor, and the hem hadar drops are good, possibly the best set in the game untill you get STF drops.

It's amazing to read these forums and see all the whining about lack of content, and then no love when they do some. I enjoyed this series a lot, much more than the reman series, and all you got from that was a boff and a decent shield
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
Well, I have to disagree. This series was well done, we get a nice new social center on bajor, and the hem hadar drops are good, possibly the best set in the game untill you get STF drops.

It's amazing to read these forums and see all the whining about lack of content, and then no love when they do some. I enjoyed this series a lot, much more than the reman series, and all you got from that was a boff and a decent shield
I found your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:

I think someone else said it, but it was Kurlands idea and ... well there's a reason he's in charge of a space station most of the time and not a ship.

Also, I don't know about you... but the Enterprise didn't come to save me. I ended up saving it... blasted thing was near 10% or less health very quickly. 'Sides as also said, it came in as back up. Frankly, this was a major battle for the Federation you would and should expect the flagship to be there. Hello?

My big gripe is.. the KDF are not represented at all except for one stupid ship that warps in... gets blown up in seconds and almost lands on your head. And when the Enterprise comes in... no KDF flagship? Even in the Klingon version of the mission. If I were a Klingon, I'd feel pretty kicked in the nuts having has the ENTERPRISE come to back me up rather than my fleet's own Flagship.....

However, overall I really enjoyed these episodes. In fact, I like it better than the previous ones too. Shame most people are hard on hating this one. It's not perfect, but it isn't completely horrible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904

it was horrible writing and I wish they would have gotten the animations better during the cut scenes felt pushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
I think someone else said it, but it was Kurlands idea and ... well there's a reason he's in charge of a space station most of the time and not a ship.

Also, I don't know about you... but the Enterprise didn't come to save me. I ended up saving it... blasted thing was near 10% or less health very quickly. 'Sides as also said, it came in as back up. Frankly, this was a major battle for the Federation you would and should expect the flagship to be there. Hello?

My big gripe is.. the KDF are not represented at all except for one stupid ship that warps in... gets blown up in seconds and almost lands on your head. And when the Enterprise comes in... no KDF flagship? Even in the Klingon version of the mission. If I were a Klingon, I'd feel pretty kicked in the nuts having has the ENTERPRISE come to back me up rather than my fleet's own Flagship.....

However, overall I really enjoyed these episodes. In fact, I like it better than the previous ones too. Shame most people are hard on hating this one. It's not perfect, but it isn't completely horrible.
well I mean the stupid cut Scene of the Enterprise appearing and helping out in the big battle. But yeah I watched it "repair" itself at least a dozen times lol.

It was a good idea bringing back the lost fleet but should have been done better. Starfleet weapons and defenses should have been improved to the point that this battle would have been alot quicker. My idea for future series:

Breen Invasion

Timefor the Federation to get some pay back. You are part of an elite task force who has one mission: To go to the Breen and either find a diplomatic solution for all the hate.. or force it.

Mirror mirror time to break it
You and your crew are sent into the alternate universe to find a way to stop there incursions permanently.

Find the xnidi
The xindi have vanished from this time line. You and your ship are to go back before the federation was founded and figured out what happened. To keep the time stream okay your weapons and shields will be put down a few levels and you will only be able to disable or stun targets. (maybe even give you a nx1 for the mission )

To the end of time
Q has appeared and is begging for your help. He says without your help time it self maybe destroyed..

Just some ideas Id love to see a thread of people and there ideas. Heck maybe give us even more tools and we could make our own episodes....
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:

You mean why does any hollywood blockbuster have the hero dance through all sorts of hoops to realize the baddie is right on his front doorstep? because it's a story and its entertaining.

i think it was supposed to be one of those surprise arrivals that should of sent gooosebumps up someones backs being apart of something historic, but clearly it didnt work at all. shame we didnt get one of the new bortas ships come out with Stass or J'mpok in command for the KDF .
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
it was horrible writing and I wish they would have gotten the animations better during the cut scenes felt pushed.

well I mean the stupid cut Scene of the Enterprise appearing and helping out in the big battle. But yeah I watched it "repair" itself at least a dozen times lol.

It was a good idea bringing back the lost fleet but should have been done better. Starfleet weapons and defenses should have been improved to the point that this battle would have been alot quicker. My idea for future series:

Breen Invasion

Timefor the Federation to get some pay back. You are part of an elite task force who has one mission: To go to the Breen and either find a diplomatic solution for all the hate.. or force it.

Mirror mirror time to break it
You and your crew are sent into the alternate universe to find a way to stop there incursions permanently.

Find the xnidi
The xindi have vanished from this time line. You and your ship are to go back before the federation was founded and figured out what happened. To keep the time stream okay your weapons and shields will be put down a few levels and you will only be able to disable or stun targets. (maybe even give you a nx1 for the mission )

To the end of time
Q has appeared and is begging for your help. He says without your help time it self maybe destroyed..

Just some ideas Id love to see a thread of people and there ideas. Heck maybe give us even more tools and we could make our own episodes....
Sounds like some of those ideas could be good foundry missions