Lt. Commander
I played Operation Gamma on my Klingon character yesterday and I just had to give feedback about the fact that in the middle of the sometimes *really* terrible voice-acting (trying to hard, not trying at all, failing to grasp the situation, failing at emotional reflection, etcetcetc.) in this game,
the voice actress that gave Vishka (female orion companion on your shuttle during the mission) did a *really good job*.
Her voice sounded like that of a trained professional who was concentrating to do a job right but not overly strained because she's done the basic job and is confident in her abilities. Her voice was blissfully lacking the trying to hard that most other voices do thus came out naturally and simply fitting.

So, job well done.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Meh. To me, she sounded like she either had a cold, or a frog in her voice. While some may describe it as "huskey", I would describe it as scratchy and strained.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 02:07 AM
The voice acting in this game is really good when it comes to the accent/timbre required for each race - but the actual voice acting itself seems to not only be unrequired, but also - I'm going to use the word "underdeveloped".

I sincerely believe that most of us mere players could do just as well as the voice actors, if we only had the correct equipment.